Flat Iron that Can Help me Continue Looking Like This(Pic Heavyyyyy)

Ms. Martina

Hey everyone!

I am in the middle of looking for a great new flat iron and blow dryer. My current "cheapo" flat iron is made by Hot and Hotter. I've had it for about 4 years now, and it works okay. However, it takes too long to get the job done. Now that I'm transitioning, I would like something hot enough to work in one pass. I am on a hunt for something professional that will cut my time down. I would like something that can go from normal to really hot. That way I can adjust it for all of the textures of hair that I have.

I have been looking online, but cannot make up my mind on what to choose. Right now, my fav options are made by Sedu. Does anyone have a Sedu iron? If so, how do you like it? Also, what other irons work to get hair as straight as a relaxer WITH shine? Also if you have had your hair flat ironed successfully, please post pics of your result. I like the straight, shiny relaxed wrap look.

I have posted pictures of how I wear my relaxed hair below. I need an iron that can help me continue to look like this without taking a buttload of time...

Also here are the Sedu Irons that I am thinking about..

1.) Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron (1 1/2") with free heat proof pouch(although I think I would get it in the 1 inch size bc I need something that can get closer to my roots)

2.) Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron 1

Also, please let me know which professional blow dyers are the great. And if you use any heat protectants...fill me in on those too. Right now I am using John Frieda's products, but I'm open to trying others that might work better.

Thanks Ladies :grin:

Seraphina

I have a Solia that works really well, though I haven't used it in about a year. It goes up to 450. Be careful with that kind of heat, though. When I first got it I used it at the highest temp. and a lot of my hair was heat damaged to the point of no longer curling up.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My curling iron works 100X better than my sedu or solia ever did. It only cost me 20$ at Wal-Mart. It is called Pro Beauty Tools. Sometimes, the cheap models work better than the expensive.:lol:

mstk

I have the Sedu 1.5" that you posted above. I'm texlaxed though, but it gets both my texlaxed hair, relaxed hair and currently 3 months of new growth straight. I straightened a few weeks ago to trim, but don't have any good pictures. I would get the 1" if I were buying right now, as it seems like the smaller irons have a bit more versatility.

kvic

I have the Sedu Revolution. I love it! I'm a little over a year post relaxer and my hair looks relaxed when I use my sedu.
The highest I've gone in 340 degrees.

rockstar

I recently contacted my bestfriend's sister who is a stylist, and she also teaches hair seminars. She's white, but she knows quality products. She told me to go to Sally's and get a Jilbere that is either ceramic or tourmaline between 1875-2000 watts. I saw one for about $50 on sale.

Tiye

My curling iron works 100X better than my sedu or solia ever did. It only cost me 20$ at Wal-Mart. It is called Pro Beauty Tools. Sometimes, the cheap models work better than the expensive.:lol:

I agree with this.

Walmart has a decent selection of heat tools - many go into 400-450 range and they're cheap. If you check most reviews on sites that sell flat irons the majority of complaints are from daily users who say the cheapies broke too fast - so if you are a daily user then maybe you want to pay more. If you just iron occasionally then the cheapies are fine.

kblc06

Well, I'm natural and my FHI platform gets my hair just as straight as any relaxed hair, but I've found that I can get my hair straight with any flat-iron as long as I use the right technique (thin sections using the comb-chase method). Just make sure to deep condition your hair with a great penetrating moisturizing conditioner, and use a good heat protectant. Here's a thread I made - my flat iron results are inside:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread497518.html

Sistaslick

Wow, the Sedu has a huge following. :lol:

I'm still FHI all the way! Time to upgrade though-- I've had mine for a few years now and I'm starting to think its time to get back in the market for a newer model.

FHI Runway for me, amazing. I also use the Super Solano Blwdryer. My favourite heat protectant is Aveda Brilliant Damage Control, that stuff is amazing!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I have the first Sedu you posted and while I love it, I also have to agree that my cheap tourmaline curling iron from Wally World works just as good and curls much better.

BlackDiamond21

I have the first one too! I works GREAT TO ME! Heats up hella quick and if I wasn't such a heat chicken, I know for a fact it could straighten on the first pass. I keep it on a low setting requiring me to go over a section x2. I am at 275* or something ridiculously low. lol To me, based on all the reviews, it sold itself. I bought mine from folica.com about 2 years ago. No regrets!

I can't speak on cheaper ones. I just know, for me, I don't go by price, I go by reviews. :)

JJamiah

I recently contacted my bestfriend's sister who is a stylist, and she also teaches hair seminars. She's white, but she knows quality products. She told me to go to Sally's and get a Jilbere that is either ceramic or tourmaline between 1875-2000 watts. I saw one for about $50 on sale.

I have to agree with this because I have a Jilbere tourmaline, a solia and herstyler which both of those cost me $149 plus dollars each the Jilbere was like $40-$50 bucks and holds it's own against both and get's hotter. Go figure. I love the smoothness of my Herstyler iron though I have to admit my hair likes it better. :)

Eclass215

I have the H2Pro and it seems to work great. I also have a maxiglide that I've had for 5 years and it still works wonderfully! Even though it's big, I can still get to my roots.

I use Nexxus heat protectant also when I blow dry and some biosilk when I flat iron.

Good luck!

AlmostTamed

I have been following the EAP HEAT irons for a while. A couple of weeks ago the site a 40% off sale so I finally picked it up and its amazing I have only used on small patch of my natural once on 400 degrees and it gone bone straight, since I typically used my heat tools on 450 smh I was amazed by how straight my hair got. I use it weekly on my wigs and it curls and straightens any texture really well and I can use bigger sections. I have an FHI platform, Babyliss prima 3100, and still prefer my EAPHeat. The Prima is an incredible iron but I have learned that titanium plates are more likely to burn out hair than ceramic irons because the heat isn't as well distributed.