Flat Twist Help PLEASE

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial/information on doing flat twists? I want to wear my hair like this manana so I really need so help. Feel free to leave pointers in this thread to (like how to place bobbie pins, etc).

Now, yall know someone had better help me out because if not I will bump this thread up every 5 minutes :grin: :grin: :grin: (laughs maniacally bwaahahahahahaha)

crlsweetie912

*Bre~Bre* said:
Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial/information on doing flat twists? I want to wear my hair like this manana so I really need so help. Feel free to leave pointers in this thread to (like how to place bobbie pins, etc).

Now, yall know someone had better help me out because if not I will bump this thread up every 5 minutes :grin: :grin: :grin: (laughs maniacally bwaahahahahahaha)
I know of a tutorial, but it's in someone's fotki and i don't wanna post without her permission. I am off to check!

I know how to do, but its kinda hard to explain and it took me awhile to get it right.

Shaniquah

hey Bre!!!! When I did them, I used the little black rubber bands :nono: I guess it depends on how you're planning to do them. Are you going to connect them all, or just leave them separate? I've also just pinned them with the bobbi pointing down :perplexed Is this helping???

balisi

It's not clear if you want to wear the flat twists themselves, or a flat twist out. Flat twists are created using two sections of hair that are continuously lapped or twisted over each other close to the head as in cornrows. Generally, if you can cornrow you can flat twist. For a twist out, you can secure the ends with perm rods, rollers, rubber bands or bobby pins, depending on the length of your hair and the look you want to achieve. I hope that helps.

MAHOGNEY329

Future ESQ. w/nice hair:)
Hi,

I finally figured out how to flat twist my hair. I put some moisturizer on my hair. I have only done this twice on dry hair. I divided my hair in about 5 sections, starting at my right ear. It looked kinda like cornrows, I over laped and grabbed more and overlapped. Once, I flat twisted, I pin curled the hair hanging. I repeated this until my whole head looked like I had cornrowed it. The first time it came out okay, the second time which was last night came out really well.

Practice makes perfect.

GOOD LUCK:)