Flatiron techniques to keep hair from reverting...

tthreat08

I'm planning to flatiron my hair tomorrow, I wanted to know any techniques you may use to keep your hair from reverting. I am 3b/c and although I can get my hair to look straight, on the first day that I do it if I am not careful it will revert. Suggestions???

sharkiee00

sharkiee
Well during the winter time I did not have that problem. But since May it's been happening alot. I usually wash with Nexxus Therappe and Humetress.
But I decided to catch Ulta while they had their buy two get one free sale on Matrix stuff. I bought the Sleek.look shampoo and conditioner and I bought the biolage smooththerapie serum. My hair is straighter and hopefully it will last longer. I just finished it 5 minutes ago. and it's still soft. I might add this to my routine for summer. They say the sleek.look really fight frizz.

sharkiee00

sharkiee
And did i mention that I have been going natural since May of 2005. and I can't believe how my hair feels with this stuff. Soft as with Nexxus

Mizani_Mrs

My hair will revert if i try to flatiron it and it isn't 100% dry yet. Meaning when i blowdry my hair, i gotta make sure it's thoroughly dry or otherwise it'll revert as soon as i finish flatironing. Also, if my hair is 8weeks post or more, or if it's hot and humid outside, i am sure to spritz a holding spray. I use mizani or paul mitchell medium hold. which still gives me body and isnt sticky... Also u cant be afraid to use a high heat like stylists use. well maybe not that hot, but i usually do 180degrees if i want it straight. or 150 if i dont mind it fluffy...

inthepink

For me what's worked is using oil. I can't just be easy on products and think my hair will last and not revert. I use CD Hair Butter as I airdry and then use a creamy lotion type product on the length (like Hair Milk). Then as I flatiron, I use either a serum heat protectant or a spray heat protectant. I've found the degree of heat doesn't make much difference. If I use high heat and get it super straight, it stays that way. Otherwise, if I use lower heat and don't get it super straight, it stays that way, too. Usually the only reversion issue I have is my roots. The rest stays straight till I wash again.

tthreat08

hairlove said:
For me what's worked is using oil. I can't just be easy on products and think my hair will last and not revert. I use CD Hair Butter as I airdry and then use a creamy lotion type product on the length (like Hair Milk). Then as I flatiron, I use either a serum heat protectant or a spray heat protectant. I've found the degree of heat doesn't make much difference. If I use high heat and get it super straight, it stays that way. Otherwise, if I use lower heat and don't get it super straight, it stays that way, too. Usually the only reversion issue I have is my roots. The rest stays straight till I wash again.

This sounds good....specially the part about low heat :) .

inthepink

I'd love to hear how it goes!

I'm on Day 8 of my last flatiron styling. I am hoping to make it to Day 14. It's so hard since I am used to washing my hair daily.

Plenty

One Hair magazine suggusestion I just learned from today is to use hard hair spray. Or dry hairspray, it was one or the other. I went to sally's beauty supply and bought something by Tresame. It said that it didn't have any water in it. However this is my first press n' curl and I work out. I have yet to find out how it works. Just a suggestion I read.