Flax oil and Flax Oil Seed...

I believe the difference is the inclusion of the actual pulp and crushed seeds of the flax.

Flax oil is just that...the oil pressed from the seeds. Flaxseed oil actually contains the pulp and seed from the flax. Flaxseed oil is more potent and contains more EFAs which are excellent for heart health. Flaxseed oil tastes nutty...flax oil:barf: in my opinion.

HTH

ETA- OK...total retraction, I'm not really sure. My bottle of Spectrum from the Vitamin Shoppe says FLax oil and has Omega 3s. Just be sure to buy a brand that's organic and filtered.

BTW...I've taken 4 flaxseed pills dily and not gotten the results that I received from taking 1 tablespoon of liquid daily.

Last edited:
I believe the difference is the inclusion of the actual pulp and crushed seeds of the flax.

Flax oil is just that...the oil pressed from the seeds. Flaxseed oil actually contains the pulp and seed from the flax. Flaxseed oil is more potent and contains more EFAs which are excellent for heart health. Flaxseed oil tastes nutty...flax oil:barf: in my opinion.

HTH

Thanks Nicki6...Do you think they have the same effect? The reason I ask is bc I have some Flax Oil capsules, but I want to try the Flaxseed Oil capsules.. Thanks.

HTH

ETA- OK...total retraction, I'm not really sure. My bottle of Spectrum from the Vitamin Shoppe says FLax oil and has Omega 3s. Just be sure to buy a brand that's organic and filtered.

BTW...I've taken 4 flaxseed pills dily and not gotten the results that I received from taking 1 tablespoon of liquid daily.

What results are those? I've been wondering how ppl see the diff with this oil

Thanks Nicki6...Do you think they have the same effect? The reason I ask is bc I have some Flax Oil capsules, but I want to try the Flaxseed Oil capsules.. Thanks.

Its been my experience that the pills don't come close to the liquid. Within a week or so, my new growth felt VERY moisturized and my facial skin felt like a baby's:babyg:

ETA: I also noticed that my BMs were more regular also. Sorry if that's TMI

Its been my experience that the pills don't come close to the liquid. Within a week or so, my new growth felt VERY moisturized and my facial skin felt like a baby's:babyg:

ETA: I also noticed that my BMs were more regular also. Sorry if that's TMI

Ok, so I guess I'll be buying me some FLAXSEED OIL today. Can I buy it from Walmart or go to a drug store?

Ok, so I guess I'll be buying me some FLAXSEED OIL today. Can I buy it from Walmart or go to a drug store?

do NOT buy that black bottle of flax oil from Walmart...mucho NASTY!!

Go to Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe. Ive only used Spectrum brand so that's the one I recommend. Let me find a thread for you and I'll add it to this post.

Here ya go
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=88753&highlight=flax

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=82451&highlight=flax

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=27490&highlight=flax

Last edited:
What results are those? I've been wondering how ppl see the diff with this oil

I take 2-1000mg capsules daily. I can definitely tell when I don't take the flaxseed oil because my skin and hair goes back to its norm--really dry. I have heard that putting the oil into food or even the actual seeds are more potent, but I am quite happy with my results. :yep:

Back