Flax Seed Oil Users??

goldenage

After reading the recent post on flax seed, I think I'm going to try it....I also did a search and found some good stuff on it as well...BUT I do have one big concern...the sideaffects, mainly the oily skin. I already have an oily t-zone area and with the heat picking up, I don't want to breakout...have any of you had bad experiences using flax seed oil?? and does the good outweigh the bad?? Please share!

TIA

You're talking about ingesting right? FSO isn't like eating greasy food or chips. Its a good oil. It shouldn't affect you skin in a negative way, in fact, if anything you will see an improvement in the condition of your skin. At least I did once i started using it on the regular. I take to tablespoons of Spectrum daily. Just mix it in with my morning smoothie or add it to salad dressing.

Msroddy thxs for the response...yes I am speaking of ingesting. I had the question because some users said it made their face oily to the point they were secreting the oil or something...so I was wondering if anyone else had that sideeffect.

This happened to me when I first began taking FSO pills a little over a year ago. I have since changed brands, but I think I took 1000 mg (two 500 mg pills) before I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning, my face was slicky slick slick! The way I stopped this from happening again was to take one pill in the morning and the other at night. Now, I can take two 1000 mg pills at the same time and not see it racing out of my pores. I am not sure why this is though :ohwell:

I've been using it for about two months and I don't notice any oily skin. But now I don't have to use moisturizer on my face as it as a nice balance. The same with my arms and legs.

The oil is great. Go for it

Back