Flaxseed gel

soslychic

Has anyone tried this? It seems very interesting:

If you don’t like the look of frizzy and/or dry-looking twists, you might want to try twisting with a gel of some type. Some women report great success with plain old aloe vera gel. I’ve always found it (and most other gels) drying. One gel I haven’t found drying is flax seed gel. Here’s a very basic recipe.

2 tablespoons flax seeds
1 cup water (but see below)

Put the flax seeds and water in a pot and slowly bring to a boil. Turn off heat, let cool and strain into a airtight container. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Use within two weeks.

The thing about this recipe is that you may have to play with the amount of water you put in. Too little water and you’ll end up with a big glob. Too much and it’s just sticky water.

kenyana

I add flaxgel to a lil bit of my fav conditioner to make a leave in. It actually feels a lot like the phyto9 leave in which I paid a ridiculous amount of money for!!

crispymocha

I apply a teaspoon of flaxseed oil with 4 parts of water when my hair is wet. My hair actually feels moisturized and it is shiny. By the way I am a relaxed 4A. Sometimes I also apply a tiny amount flaxseed oil to my hair if I want to give my hair a shine boost. Do not apply to much because it is overly hydrating not oily. It also contains several essential fatty acids. One last thing, I got the seedless version from a healthfood store in a refrigerator. I love it so much that I no longer use jojoba or loreal serum. Its awesome!

Isis

This is interesting.