Flaxseed Speeds Metabolism! What's the BEST Brand?

reggie56

Flaxseed Speeds Metabolism! What\'s the BEST Brand?

I've heard from several people that flaxseed is not only good for hair and overall health; it also speeds up the metabolism. Well, my metabolism could use some help. Problem is, flaxseed oil hurts my stomach. So, I prefer the capsules.

Can anyone suggest a terrific brand to use?

Thanks again!

Isis

Re: Flaxseed Speeds Metabolism! What\'s the BEST Brand?

My favorite brand is Spectrum which to me has a nutty, buttery taste.

I've tried other brands and many of them (especially the NOW brand) taste quite nasty to me. If flaxseed oil hurts your stomach, it could be rancid. It's important I've learned to buy it refrigerated and it should be in a dark container. It must be kept in the refrigerator. The shelf life can be increased by leaving in the freezer (it doesn't freeze). I left a bottle out once overnight and used it the next day. I immediately doubled over in pain and felt sick.

The capsules cost a LOT more than the bottles, by the way and you have to take quite a few to equal what you get in a tablespoon of oil.

Here is the site of the brand I use:
www.spectrumnaturals.com

hotshot

yes- i have lost about 6-7 pounds inside of a few weeks. in switching to EPO, because i am already small and people are making comments. this always seems to happen- i lost weight on accidemt with spirulina as well.

offthechainliz

I just started back on my flaxseed. I hope I don't get unexpected weight loss cause I'm trying to gain weight.

T

Tee

I definitely agree that Flaxseed oil speeds up the metabolism. I noticed this wonderful side effect when I switched to using the oil instead of the capsules. I use Barlean's High Lignan Flaxseed Oil.

LABETT

I am glad to hear Flaxseed speeds up metabolism I am going to increase my doses.

azul11

How much is a good amount? Also what type of flax oil is everyone using? i dont mean the brand but the type that website showed a lot of different types of flax seed oils. God bless you all.

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
My favorite brand is Spectrum which to me has a nutty, buttery taste.

I've tried other brands and many of them (especially the NOW brand) taste quite nasty to me. If flaxseed oil hurts your stomach, it could be rancid. It's important I've learned to buy it refrigerated and it should be in a dark container. It must be kept in the refrigerator. The shelf life can be increased by leaving in the freezer (it doesn't freeze). I left a bottle out once overnight and used it the next day. I immediately doubled over in pain and felt sick.

The capsules cost a LOT more than the bottles, by the way and you have to take quite a few to equal what you get in a tablespoon of oil.

Here is the site of the brand I use:
www.spectrumnaturals.com

[/ QUOTE ]

where can i purchase the spectrum?

Isis

Dstdiva - you can find Spectrum at a health food store. It is a popular brand but you may want to call first to make sure they have it.

dstdiva

isis,

i found it on the vitamin shoppe website. however, there are several spectrum naturals flax oils there (organic-veg, etc.). what is the exact name of yours?

loverofnaps71

Well, I'm definitely trying to lose weight. My friend takes the actual seeds whole. You can buy them at any health foods store. I tried them that way. Don't chew them, just swallow whole with water or put them in your favorite juice, then drink. Don't chew. She says that it sends her right to the bathroom, no problems. I also have severe digestive [constipation] problems, so I think that not only will the flax help to correct that problem; it should also help with weight loss...

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Well, I'm definitely trying to lose weight. My friend takes the actual seeds whole. You can buy them at any health foods store. I tried them that way. Don't chew them, just swallow whole with water or put them in your favorite juice, then drink. Don't chew. She says that it sends her right to the bathroom, no problems. I also have severe digestive [constipation] problems, so I think that not only will the flax help to correct that problem; it should also help with weight loss...

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Loverofnaps,
How many seeds does your friend consume daily?

Isis

Loverofnaps71- I've learned that eating the flaxseeds whole will give you the runs as it passes through the body undigested. Grinding the flaxseeds with a coffe grinder or regular food blender is best so one can get the Omega 3 benefits from the seeds. Flaxseeds are a lot cheaper than the oil but they are supposed to be eaten ground, not whole.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
dstdiva said:
isis,

i found it on the vitamin shoppe website. however, there are several spectrum naturals flax oils there (organic-veg, etc.). what is the exact name of yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact name of mine is:

Spectrum Essentials Veg-Omega 3 cold pressed Organic Flax Oil

loverofnaps71

My friend consumes about 2 tablespoons of the actual seeds. I just scared that if I grind them, by stomach will start hurting again. Maybe I should try again. The seeds might be healthier anyway.

Thanks so much! Making a trip to Trader Joe's this weekend. Can't wait!

YuNg

I was taking a walmart brand MSM 4 a day 1000mg and i lost so much weight i thought i had a disease lol. It was spring valley. No matter how much i ate my stomach was flat and i had a 6 pack

YuNg

the funny thing is i wasnt taking flax for weight loss rather for my dandruff. Weight loss is the last thing i need with my skinny self. so i stopped taking it

reggie56

Thank you so much for this information, CEC! I just bought actual flaxseeds this past weekend. I have severe digestive problems [constipation]. One thing I've noticed is that the flaxseed are making me go more often, like every morning. I think that if I stick to it, it'll help with weight loss and constipation.

I wonder if flaxseeds are just as effective as the oil. If anyone knows, please reply.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I have a ton of flaxseeds at home, so I put them in my hand blender and ground them up. I think I'll it in water and drink it twice a day...until the oil I ordered from Puritan's Pride gets here.

Well, I'm off to Walmart tonight to get me some Flaxseed Oil. My metabolism has slowed down waaaay too much.

azul11

Get out!! I was about to respond to this thread and didnt even realize I already read this thread and posted!! I am losing it. Thanks ISIS for the information on kelp and flaxseed oil. I plan to go to the health store this weekend and pick them up. God bless you all.