Flexi Rods - how do I do this???

2bmrspotts

I am in transition from relaxed hair to natural and would love to set my hair on flexi rods. How in the world do these things work?
anyone have a how to or photo of them with their rods in??

sorry if this is trivial but im new to the transitioning thing and due to times being hard right now im not able to go have my hair done every week like I use to.

TIA

poookie

i'm actually sitting in rods now!

and i feel your pain, OP. when i first bought rods, i had NO idea how to use them. they key is to use somewhat small sections, and to figure out how you want your hair to look. practice makes perfect! i know that, for me, if it set the rods horizontally, the set comes out tighter. vertically, and i get Shirley temple-esque curls.

i've attached some pics of how my set looks while it's still in rollers (and can update tomorrow on how they turned out, just to show how versatile rods can be) :)

Attachments

• DSCF6252.jpg
    DSCF6252.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF6255.jpg
    DSCF6255.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 31

TexturedTresses

i'm actually sitting in rods now!

and i feel your pain, OP. when i first bought rods, i had NO idea how to use them. they key is to use somewhat small sections, and to figure out how you want your hair to look. practice makes perfect! i know that, for me, if it set the rods horizontally, the set comes out tighter. vertically, and i get Shirley temple-esque curls.

i've attached some pics of how my set looks while it's still in rollers (and can update tomorrow on how they turned out, just to show how versatile rods can be) :)

about how many rods did you use?