FlexiRod Ladies....

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
What do you use on your hair before setting.

I am thinking about going back to my flexirod set instead of magnatic sets but when I tried this weekend my hair came out hard. I am going to retry it on Wednesday so I am looking for suggestions on what product to use before setting to get softness and shine. I am setting on wet hair and then evey night putting a few rollers in my hair to maintain. So I guess I am asking what do you use on wet hair and on dry hair.

I don't want to you serum because as much as I love how my hair looks with it my hair doesn't like it. I suffer from more dryness usin serum than I do without it.

TIA

LadyR, when I use flexi rods...I roll with dry hair. I moisturize a little and seal my ends with a drop of castor oil and it turns out good. The only thinkg I want to change is maybe using end papers on the ends to keep them from looking fuzzy. I never tried it on wet hair. What did you use to make it feel hard?

It may had been the lottabody spray mixture which had lottabody setting lotion, leave -in and some oil. I may had put too much on my hair.

Just looking for ideas and thoughts.

I use silicon mix leave in and diluted elucence mb. I think Lacio Lacio would be good as well. I don't use setting lotion anymore unless it is summer and once in a while, because it tends to leave my hair dry and hard.

Ok I used Salarm 21 and Lacio also as leavein. Maybe the setting lotion was too much for my hair.

Any suggestions for shine beside serum?

I've never had a good experience with Lotta Body. It always leaves my hair hard and crispy. When I do my flexi-rods I apply ample leave-in and just a little wrap foam lotion or ultra sheen setting lotion. I have found that my sets last longer with the wrap foam lotion, though. Careful not to use too much though.

I did a flexirod set for the first time this past week and I think they turned out pretty good. :grin: All I used was some leave-in mixed with castor oil and some castor oil on the end of each section before rolling. They turned out very nice and soft and shiny. The pics are in my fotki (No Heat Album).

Thanks everyone,

I think that I am going to do a Cowash tonight and start over with little or no lottabody and adding a little oil. I also think that I could had used the blue rollers instead of the red ones. I don't have as many blues but I will use more blues and less red for a loose sprial set.

i use 2 or 3 pumps of motions foam wrap setting spray and mine come out great I also set on wet hair the only time they look bad is when they dont dry all the way

I saw your album and your hair came out great i'm going to try this soon girl you gave me inspiration.

I did a flexirod set for the first time this past week and I think they turned out pretty good. :grin: All I used was some leave-in mixed with castor oil and some castor oil on the end of each section before rolling. They turned out very nice and soft and shiny. The pics are in my fotki (No Heat Album).

I saw your album and your hair came out great i'm going to try this soon girl you gave me inspiration.

Aww, thanks sassygirl! I got so many complements on that, I think I'm going to have to do it again soon. Even my SO was like "WOW." So thanks and I hope that yours turns out good as well!

Back