Florida Naturals - How do you do It?

Braidouts and minitwists most of the year. Hardly ever flat iron..only in December or January. Also no products with glycerin.

I've been having success wit Eco Styler gel, avoiding glycerine. Lately, I've moved on from buns to twist outs.

The humidity here is no joke.

I agree, FL humidity is a whole other beast entirely. I'm COMPLETELY a northerner; moved down here last August. This week, literally, was the first week I wore my braidout outside with NO SWELL. It was amazing.

I used KCKT as my leave-in, and braided with a mixture of Oyin's Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding. Good stuff. I love Oyin products, but I always use them with the Hair Dew (my fave leave-in ever). I mixed it up for the first time ever, and loved it.

For my puffs, I use any leave-in I feel, some type of liquid or spray syler/conditioner combo, and a generous amount of EcoStyler Argan. Some puff combos: CJ Smoothing Lotion+CJ CIAB+Eco Argan; Curls Creme Brule+Curls Goddess Curls+Eco Argan; SM Curl and Style Milk+S-Curl+Eco Argan.

My hair is not negatively affected by glycerin when worn pulled back. In fact, glycerin based products help my curls to "pop" when I'm wearing a non-stretched style. I believe it has something to do with the amount of moisture already in my hair. I say that because most of the products I have mentioned contain at least a small amount of glycerin, so if you're sensitive they probably won't work for you. HTH though.

You don't have to have a streamer to do a stream treatment. I use to plastic bags, a hot turbo towel and my dryer. After applying the conditioner, I put on one bag, the towel, then second bag and sit under dryer for about 40 minutes. Perfect stream treatment and I do see a different when wearing my hair straight doing this.

I dont have a steamer so thats not an option right now. I look a hot mess the entire time I'm here. If I do a bun then my edges get fuzzy no matter what I do.

I'm anti BKT for the moment and considering Im only in FL 4-6 days a month it woundnt be a good investment.

Back