FOIL CURLZ anybody heard of these?!?!

Dee-Licious

Foil Curlz
If you don't have much time and you want to make your hair all curly here what you can do.
  1. Cut a 1 square foot of tin foil and roll it into a long stick. Make about 10 of those.
  2. Take about a 1.5 square inch of your hair and fasten a foil stick to the to of hair by folding the end of the stick.
  3. Twist that strand of hair all about the foil stick and fasten it again at the bottom
  4. Do step 2 and 3 to all the hair you want curled.
  5. Blow-dry all your hair with a hot hair dryer for about 10 to 20 seconds of each foil.
  6. Take out all the foil carefully and your hair will be in curlz!! Don't comb your hair after your curl them, but if you want you can comb through them with your fingers.
http://www.geocities.com/flominggo/texture.html

sunshinebeautiful said:
Sounds like an interesting idea. Anybody ever try it?

i've never tried it just ran across it on that website. But it's kinda confusing to me. I don't understand the attach this end to this end stuf...

I'm a visual learner. If anyone tries it, please take pictures of the process..

The Paul Mitchell stylists at the Bronner Brothers hair show were doing something like this. But they wrapped foil around the hair sections, curled it up, and then pressed the flat iron over each of the sections for a few seconds. They left them in for a few minutes (I guess to let them set), and when they took them out, the hair was set in beautiful curls.

I would love to the results, sounds good since the foil will heat up helping to lock in the curl.
When I was too young to use curling irons me and my cousins would use brown paper bags to curl our bangs and ponytail ends, :lol: , we would tear off a big piece, twist it around and then roll our hair up with them and take the two ends and twist them around each other so it won't fall out :lachen: . They gave the best curls w/o those lines from the sponge rollers, woowee those were the days.........

MissBermuda said:
The Paul Mitchell stylists at the Bronner Brothers hair show were doing something like this. But they wrapped foil around the hair sections, curled it up, and then pressed the flat iron over each of the sections for a few seconds. They left them in for a few minutes (I guess to let them set), and when they took them out, the hair was set in beautiful curls.

:eek: :eek: i'm getting scared... would ya'll consider this direct heat?? Also, how did they "curled it up"?

Me again:D . I'll bet you could get under the dryer and it wouldnt be direct heat but if you use a blowdryer or flat iron like someone said before that would definitely be direct heat. Work it out ma:lol: .

Back