Split end technique

madamdot

:confused: Has anyone ever heard of it or tried this:

Ends Seal Technique : shampoo and condition your hair normally, and when it's still damp, apply a good conditioner to your ends While hair is damp, Take aluminum foil, fold over hair tip, take a warm non- electric bumper curler or flat iron and place over the foil for 2-3 seconds. The heating appliance only need to be warm not hot. Hot will burn your hair ….

Someone suggested it and said it worked.... and that she got it from this site:
http://growafrohairlong.com/endsofhair.html

I've never heard of this before :eek:

LaNecia

Just my 2 Cents: I did this technique last year...result? Fried the hell outta my hair ends, had to cut them.

Didnt' work for ME. :mad:

madamdot

That's exactly what I thought when I read it... that it would fry my hair. Am no scientist but it would seem like the aluminum would intensify the heat... which I know is bad for my chip dry hair.

Porsche19

Sounds like crap.

Basically what they are saying is to concentrate heat on the ends to get a deep conditioner affect.

You'd get the same deep conditioner affect (conditioner/oils penetrating the hair) by simply DEEP CONDITIONING YOUR HAIR. What is the need for the extra heat?

Divine Inspiration

I've heard of this, but I was afraid of what happened to VWVixxen. Besides that, it was just something I want to try. I didn't have any split ends so rather than trying to do too much, I just left well enough alone, but I said if I started having problems with split ends I would try it...nevermind now.