Food supplements- anyone used them

Dionne

I have seen vegetable and fruit supplements designed to give you some of the enzymes and phyonutrients you can miss by not eating enough fruit and vegetables. Has anyone used them before?

Madison

i just ordered a fruit and vegetable powder from swansons. i just started taking chlorophyll and alfalfa

Dionne

please let me know how you like swansons. I was looking into taking a beet juice supplement, fruit pill, vegetable pill, and broccoli

candycane

Actually I used to take a vegetable supplement because I am not a huge fan of veggies. I don't know if they did anything for me, but I guess my mind made me believe "one pill contains the equivalent of a day's worth of vegetables, so who need's salads! /images/graemlins/smile.gif"
Candycane

Ebony

i am also looking into a fruit or veggie supplement. although i eat both as much as possible because i simply love both, i am looking into supplements to help because organic fresh fruits & veggies are getting soooo expensive (especially this time of year), and the regular supermarkets produce don't always look as good as they should. anyone with something to share on these supplements....please, do share.

Jenai

I tried the Swanson Fruit and Vegetable Powder and let me just say that it has a lot of FIBER in it. Not trying to be gross, but my poor little digestive system felt like it was doing aerobics. I just couldn't take it everyday. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jade21

Gigi,

That wasn't being gross at all...just real /images/graemlins/cool.gif Veggie supplements, aside from extra Bs, were what I used specifically to encourage hair growth.

Right now, the only ones I take regularly are the Gary Null Sea Veggie Salad and Nature's Herbs' Broccoli power.

There are tons of choices which have developed within the past couple of years. I think that Nature's Way even has an "organic" line of the fruits/veggies.

~Jade~

P.S. I have been hearing "good things" about Swanson's own brand of many products.

Jenai

Glad I didn't offend you. I have been ordering from Swanson for some time now because I don't know just how long the supplements have been sitting on the shelf in most stores. Dust on the bottle is not a good sign. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I like the Swanson prosucts - they seem to be good quality vitamins and supplements.