For Catholics: Mercy Comes Before Justice

Belle Du Jour

I think the message of Divine Mercy is even more important now because we are definitely heading for judgement and reckoning in this country.

From St. Faustina's Diary:

Speak to the world about My mercy ... It is a sign for the end times. After it will come the Day of Justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fountain of My mercy. (Diary848)

Tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary965).

I am prolonging the time of mercy for the sake of sinners. But woe to them if they do not recognize this time of My visitation. (Diary1160)

Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary1588)

He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice. (Diary1146).

Especially with Pope Francis declaring the next liturgical year the year of Mercy, the 100th anniversary of Fatima coming up, the rampant evil going on in our times and the unprecedented widespread acceptance of evil, I really believe that God's justice is coming.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

Just as the Image can serve as a reminder of the ocean of Divine Mercy, as well as its price, so can the daily remembrance of the Divine Mercy at the hour of Christ's death. Jesus asked Saint Faustina, and through her us, to celebrate this Hour of Great Mercy, promising tremendous graces to those who would, both for themselves and on behalf of others.

At three o'clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy ... In this hour I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion. (Diary1320).

As often as you hear the clock strike the third hour immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it, invoke it's omnipotence for the whole world, and particularly for poor sinners, for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every soul. In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking; it was the hour of grace for the whole world - mercy triumphed over justice.

Try your best to make the Stations of the Cross in this hour, provided that your duties permit it; and if you are not able to make the Stations of the Cross, then at least step into the chapel for a moment and adore, in the Most Blessed Sacrament. My Heart, which is full of mercy: and should you be unable to step into chapel. immerse yourself in prayer there where you happen to be, if only for a very brief instant. (Diary1572)

Read more:http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/hour.htm#ixzz3eBu6k8A9

Galadriel

I agree, it has traditionally been referred to in pious and prophetic literature as The Great Chastisement.

Just imagine, the Blessed Virgin appeared at Fatima nearly a century ago, and she told the three children that the world would be punished (by WWII) because of men's sin. Think of how much further we've fallen since then.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
I have a problem with the idea that Jews, Gypsies, Africans in Europe and Congolese in their countries, priests and religious were harmed because of the greater evil by those who do not love G-d.

Belle Du Jour

I have a problem with the idea that Jews, Gypsies, Africans in Europe and Congolese in their countries, priests and religious were harmed because of the greater evil by those who do not love G-d.

Can you explain? I want to make sure I understand what you mean.

The effects of sin don't just impact the sinners and the Bible talks about punishment to 3rd and 4th generations for sins of the father (Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18). There will always be innocent people affected by the choices others make. Also, God can get glory out of a bad situation that he allows (not causes) to happen (John 9:1-3).

Personally, I'm expecting this nation to fall, like all civilizations before it that abandoned gone. And the people left in the dust will not be Justice Kennedy and the rest of them who made this grave error, it will be future generations.

Last edited:

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Can you explain? I want to make sure I understand what you mean.

The effects of sin don't just impact the sinners and the Bible talks about punishment to 3rd and 4th generations for sins of the father (Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18). There will always be innocent people affected by the choices others make. Also, God can get glory out of a bad situation that he allows (not causes) to happen (John 9:1-3).

Personally, I'm expecting this nation to fall, like all civilizations before it that abandoned
gone. And the people left in the dust will not be Justice Kennedy and the rest of them who made this grave error, it will be future generations.

Of course, innocent people are affected by sin in the world. But this is overwhelmingly innocent people affected. It's funny to me that, whenever there is some great sin and that people are awaiting justice for it, what happens(ed) to the innocents is rather disproportionate.

Especially with Pope Francis declaring the next liturgical year the year of Mercy, the 100th anniversary of Fatima coming up, the rampant evil going on in our times and the unprecedented widespread acceptance of evil, I really believe that God's justice is coming.

His justice is coming upon the innocent ...came upon the innocent due to the rampant evil in the world? That, there are many evil situations in the world. It's rather like racism here. Some people want to say that blacks turned their backs on G-d. Or is it that the evil done to them is the result of the evil people themselves and not necessarily G-d's judgment?