For ladies who DC at least 2x or more wkly

BellaLunie

I'm a little confused... Let's say your wash days are Wednesday and Saturday(or any day you DC/wash) and you DC both days. Do you do a protein dc on Weds and a moisture DC Sat or vice versa? Or do you both both the DC's on both days? Or whatever you hair needs. I'm overwhelmed by all the info on here :spinning:

cherepikr

I DC every other day. Most of my moisturizing DC's have some protein. So I don't go out of my way to do heavy protein until it is close to touch-up time.

BellaLunie

Thank you guys so much! The light proteins I have a Aphogee 2 min, ORS Mayo, and Lekair and I've always followed them up with a DC. I thought I was doing something wrong bc I read in other threads that there has to be a balance between the two. I only do the hardcore Aphogee a week before my relaxer

BellaLunie

I DC every other day. Most of my moisturizing DC's have some protein. So I don't go out of my way to do heavy protein until it is close to touch-up time.

you DC every other day? I would love to do that but I can imagine my mom's reaction and I only do it 2x wkly :lachen:

LaidBak

I wash/DC every 3rd day. I don't schedule my treatments in advance. I default to an ayurvedic conditioner which is moisturizing, but if/when my hair feels too soft I'll use a protein conditioner. I keep a hair diary for trend analysis.

BellaLunie

I wash/DC every 3rd day. I don't schedule my treatments in advance. I default to an ayurvedic conditioner which is moisturizing, but if/when my hair feels too soft I'll use a protein conditioner. I keep a hair diary for trend analysis.

I keep a diary as well! How are you getting your ends to thick up like that?

chosen1

Do it for what your hair needs. I protein 1 x a week and moisture condition 1 x a week. If I use aphogee which is a strong protein. I will follow it up with a moisture conditioner for 15 minutes. Moisture and protein balance is different for everybody. There are some who protein once a week, every two weeks, or even once a month. My hair loves protein. But not everyone can do as much protein as I can.

baddison

natural for good
In my current regimen, I wash and DC 2x's per week. Wednesday's are my protein days, and Saturday's are my moisture days. Since I only dc with milder proteins on Wednesday's I find that it keeps my hair very strong and supple. I never need to resort to hardcore protein treatment for this reason. It took me a long while to get to this point, but my relaxed hair actually loves (..and NEEDS...) protein on a regular basis. We have finally come to an agreement with our protein-moisture-balance routine... :lachen:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm a little confused... Let's say your wash days are Wednesday and Saturday(or any day you DC/wash) and you DC both days. Do you do a protein dc on Weds and a moisture DC Sat or vice versa? Or do you both both the DC's on both days? Or whatever you hair needs. I'm overwhelmed by all the info on here :spinning:

I see you're pretty new to this....please don't overwhelm yourself too much....dc'ing that much is a lot especially for someone just starting out. That would be enough to make me discouraged at some point, lol.

Everyone dosen't need to dc that much. Try to find out what your hair likes. Personally I think dc'ing once a week or every two weeks is good....but that's just me....i'm sure some people here would have a fit at that, lol. But really I dc like once a month. I would like to up it to twice a month or at most 3 times but anything more than that is unecessary and a waste of time for me.

ceebee3

I DC once a week and use protein first and then moisture. If I do it any more than once a week it's always a moisturizing conditioner.

beans4reezy

Nice job on your hair laidback!! It's growing in nicely! :yep:

I DC with a mixture of light protien and moisture. This works very well for me.

LaidBak

I keep a diary as well! How are you getting your ends to thick up like that?

A month after I started on here I blunt cut. That's the December (left side) picture in my siggy. Ever since then I've been protecting my ends like crazy; protective styling, daily sealing, etc. I have an area of thinness from a broken patch I have. So my ends are still thin on one side in the back. But I am determined to keep what I have left in top shape.

Thanks beans4reezy!! I was getting discouraged for a minute and then one day I woke up and was like "ooh--I have more hair!". LoL!

Neith

On Sat or Sun I do the whole hot oil, shampoo, moisture DC thing

On Wed or Thur I just apply the moisture DC to dry hair, leave in for and hour and rinse out.

Like once a month I use a little SAA for protein - my coarse hair doesn't seem to need protein.

Stiletto_Diva

I try to DC at least twice a week. It's usally moisturizing, but I do a light protein about once a month. I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner

Jhuidah

This is what I've been doing the last month or so as well. I wash/DC every third day, protective styling in betwen. I take the PS down and wash on the same day, then right back into the PS that night.

I also keep a diary of everything I did/used that day, and how my hair feels later that week. Did I detangle, or use actual shampoo or an ACV rinse? How did that new DC treat me? And so on.

I just do what my hair seems to need. Although, if I've done a bunch of moisture treatments in a row, I'll do a protein treatment on general principle.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
At the beginning of my journey when I had more time at my disposal, I used to alternate moisture and PTs because my hair really needed to be strengthened. Now I DC 1x every 2 weeks and I use moisture or protein according to what I think my hair needs.

R4L

I'm natural, but I color my hair. To combat the dryness I often do an overnight DC with the curls tea ecstasy deep conditioner. I don't have the energy to rotate DC's, and that one leaves my curls POPPIN in the am:grin:

SmartyPants

I tend to have more moisture issues than protein issues. On Saturdays I do the full regimen with a light protein followed by a moisturizing DC. During the week I use the moisturizer only.

butterfly_wings

I DC for 15 minutes twice a week in the steam room or sauna at my gym. I dont use a protein conditioner just the Aphogee Keratin and Green tea spray a few times a week, I do the Aphogee protien tretment 1 week before I relax

MangaManiac

I DC with every was and I tend to use moisturizing DCs with light protein and then use a shampoo that also has light protein in it. I haven't mustered up the courage to use a moderate or heavy protein yet, but I'm researching! :grin:

La Colocha

I dc with moisture most of the time. I dc on wendsday and i dc on wash day which is friday. I only use a medium protein dc 1x a month then follow with a moisturzing dc.