For the Long Haired Fotki Members....

SmilingElephant

I jus wanna know if you have had to up the restrictions on your Fotki bc of mean jealous members?

I ask bc i was pm'ing somebody back that asked if she had to have a fotki account to see my pics.

I don't think i set it up where you can't see my pics.....BUT...you have to be a logged in Fotki member to post comments to my pics or my guestbook.

I did that bc a long time ago....when i thought i had reached waistlength....i had a member who i know that was from here.....but she remained anonymous....she left a very mean comment on one of my pics.

It said "that is not waistlength...that is denial."...end of quote.

Has this happened to anyone else? That comment was just unnecessary.:nono:

NikkiQ

Now that is just ridiculous. I thought we were supposed to cheer everyone on. Not hate on those with longer hair. Darn shame. Sorry you had to deal with that nonsense girlie. I love your hair and everyone else with beautiful healthy hair. You guys are great motivation for those of us who want to get to where you guys are. :yep:

8HoursFromHome

Your hair is gorgeous!! I hope some day my hair is that long (again). I'm sorry someone has hate for you, that kinda lets you know that your ish is on point!

SmilingElephant

Thanx ladies:)

But i jus wanted to know if that problem was common around here. The incident happened about a year ago.....but i was jus reminded of it.

LynnieB

Naw. My fotki's been wide open for several years and I don't recall having any problems. :look:Then again, I've got so many pics and stuff of my journey that there could be a few and I wouldn't even realize it. :ohwell:

SE, just hit delete, keep it moving as best you can. Try not to waste too many of your emotional resources worrying about it sis.

Nonie

Is it very important to get comments? I mean, I have my Youtube account set up so I don't get any comments, and if I had a public hair Fotki, that'd be my MO too. While compliments are nice, I'd rather just assume them and save myself having to endure the mean comments. I guess I'm one of those who doesn't really need approval to be happy with what I've got so "no comment" is fine by me. I'm also too lazy to keep up with the comments and folks would find me rude for not acknowledging their kind comments. So this way, life's easy. :lol:

LynnieB

Is it very important to get comments? I mean, I have my Youtube account set up so I don't get any comments, and if I had a public hair Fotki, that'd be my MO too. While compliments are nice, I'd rather just assume them and save myself having to endure the mean comments. I guess I'm one of those who doesn't really need approval to be happy with what I've got so "no comment" is fine by me. I'm also too lazy to keep up with the comments and folks would find me rude for not acknowledging their kind comments. So this way, life's easy. :lol:

See now I was thinking just the oppo. I figured if I closed comments than folks would think I was being rude :lachen:

I try my best to let peeps know that that album is there mostly to keep a chronicle my journey from relaxed to a natch and although I do add pics pretty routinely, I'm not on there like I used to during the beginning of my trial and tribulation days.

Sigh........

Nonie

^^But how is that rude? To me it'd just be a way of saying, "Feel free to enjoy my pics but don't feel any pressure to say anything" while the opposite is more like "Please tell me I'm beautiful". LOL

I have seen people get upset coz folks didn't comment on their pics, and I'm like :huh: Really?

I guess I am one of those who prefers a quiet life than one in the limelight with autographs to sign, so I don't get the "leaving your life open for comment" thing.

Prettyeyes

I never had any mean comments but I have had men making suggestive comments on some of my pics (because of the back of the bra, which to me looks the same as swimsuit top)! So I lock my fotki and have the password on the hair boards and it has been better...

LaFemmeNaturelle

I've never experienced it but mine is relatively new I guess and I don't have many straightened pics in there. But if there were, I wouldn't let it bother me. Haters are gonna hate!

D.Lisha

well...I guess my hair doesn't quite qualify with the "long-haired ladies" category just yet.....
so it's safe to say that I haven't had any comments on it whatsoever lol.

LynnieB

^^But how is that rude? To me it'd just be a way of saying, "Feel free to enjoy my pics but don't feel any pressure to say anything" while the opposite is more like "Please tell me I'm beautiful". LOL

I have seen people get upset coz folks didn't comment on their pics, and I'm like :huh: Really?

I guess I am one of those who prefers a quiet life than one in the limelight with autographs to sign, so I don't get the "leaving your life open for comment" thing.

Really Nonie, it's just another one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of things but none of it is worth raising your blood pressure over.

RegaLady

People are just mean:nono:. At the same time having a fotki of various lengths from BC to Floor length, does open the floor up to criticisms:ohwell:. There are some very short haired ladies who get rude things said to them or nothing at all. So these things can be said across the board.

Sigh, its just the fotki world we live in:perplexed. Just delete, your hair looks great:yep:!

Nonie

Really Nonie, it's just another one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of things but none of it is worth raising your blood pressure over.

Yep, but for those who are sensitive, they'd save themselves more hurt if they just prevented all comments. If no one can comment, then no one can say anything mean. And no one can view and not comment and leave you feeling slighted. And you can assume the hits are all positive. And you have less headache trying to please everyone by responding to comments updating album, etc. And if you're really damned if you don't, you will never have to know and what you don't know won't hurt you, so *shrug*.

I think I'm very selfish and rarely give thought to what folks think if I am doing something I consider harmless. Like if I wore my hair in plaits standing up and went out the door, I'd be so content to even notice that others were offended. :lol: I'd be the same way with my album online. It's mine, I have full control of what goes on in it, I'm not hurting anyone so... *whistles a happy tune*

Silence is truly golden.

Toy

Sorry that happened to you..i have not expierenced any mean comments and i hope i dont !

Last edited:

Janet'

To SE: I'm definitely not in the "long-haired" category just yet, but as of now, I do have an open Fotki and I told myself that as long as I don't get too many negative and unnecessary comments, I would keep it that way. There are some ignorant people in the world, but I would not let that one stop the hundreds of positives...On the other hand, if it did bother you that much, maybe do a password and have people pm you for the password...

To Nonie: I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I can see the other side of the spectrum as well. I liken the Fotki comments to creating a thread on here with pics...most people post threads on here because they are looking for suggestions, have a question about something specific, presenting a tutorial or are even looking for validation ("Am I APL, yet?") I think that yes, some people simply do as you do- create a fotki for personal reasons and open it up and if you happen to see it great, if not, that's great, too. I think that others create a Fotki to get opinions on styles, validation on WL, etc...

I do think that anytime one allows for comments, one must take the good with the bad and the only way to avoid that is to disallow comments...

Nonie

To Nonie: I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I can see the other side of the spectrum as well. I liken the Fotki comments to creating a thread on here with pics...most people post threads on here because they are looking for suggestions, have a question about something specific, presenting a tutorial or are even looking for validation ("Am I APL, yet?") I think that yes, some people simply do as you do- create a fotki for personal reasons and open it up and if you happen to see it great, if not, that's great, too. I think that others create a Fotki to get opinions on styles, validation on WL, etc... with the bad and the only way to avoid that is to disallow comments...

See, I can understand posting in a thread so you can get feedback. Why? Because this is a discussion forum. An album to me is just that: a place for showcasing photos not getting direction on how to care for your hair. That's why I am a member of a forum and not just keeping an album.

I guess I consider my time so limited that I can't imagine being on here discussing my hair and then having to go to carry on the same discussion in an album. I mean, how much space is there to get feedback in an album? And wouldn't it be better to get the feedback here on a HAIR FORUM where you are more likely to get positive, supportive feedback than putting yourself out there for people who probably don't give a damn about your hair and who probably aren't hair savvy to throw any odd advice/opinion.

Like why would I want Jane Doe to come and comment on my pic and give me her feedback when I would do better going to a hair forum where there are more KNOWLEDGE heads on hair?

I don't know. I guess I'm just different from most.

SmilingElephant

Yep, but for those who are sensitive, they'd save themselves more hurt if they just prevented all comments. If no one can comment, then no one can say anything mean. And no one can view and not comment and leave you feeling slighted. And you can assume the hits are all positive. And you have less headache trying to please everyone by responding to comments updating album, etc. And if you're really damned if you don't, you will never have to know and what you don't know won't hurt you, so *shrug*.

I think I'm very selfish and rarely give thought to what folks think if I am doing something I consider harmless. Like if I wore my hair in plaits standing up and went out the door, I'd be so content to even notice that others were offended. :lol: I'd be the same way with my album online. It's mine, I have full control of what goes on in it, I'm not hurting anyone so... *whistles a happy tune*

Silence is truly golden.

:yep: at the bolded......it NEVER crossed my mind to turn off the comments....and i'll admit i'm somewhat sensitive.....but esp when it comes to things where people go out of their way to hurt your feelings...bc its stupid and ppl ought to know better...that's what irks me the most:wallbash:.....but then i have to realize not everybody is friendly and not everybody knows better.

I have a thick skin....but sometimes i wish i had a thicker skin....but then i wouldn't be able to love the world the way i do....like i have a love for everybody(i know this sounds cheesy:rolleyes:) but i do and i care about everybody that i meet. And if i had a thicker skin and shut down on ppl the way i used to a really long time ago....nobody would like me and i wouldn't like myself.

But like a said that was back in the day and i have grown from that but i just wanted to know if anybody else had this happen to them and what did they do about.:)

jupitermoon

SmilingElephant, I'm sorry to hear that. Your hair is beautiful. I don't know why some people are such jerks. I would just delete the rude comments and KIM or like you said just make it available to members.

So far I haven't had any problems with my fotki but I make IP addresses viewable so even if you are annoymous I can still tell if the same person is posting.

Nonie, I like your attitude. That's a great way to be.

Nonie

:yep: at the bolded......it NEVER crossed my mind to turn off the comments....and i'll admit i'm somewhat sensitive.....but esp when it comes to things where people go out of their way to hurt your feelings...bc its stupid and ppl ought to know better...that's what irks me the most:wallbash:.....but then i have to realize not everybody is friendly and not everybody knows better.

I have a thick skin....but sometimes i wish i had a thicker skin....but then i wouldn't be able to love the world the way i do....like i have a love for everybody(i know this sounds cheesy:rolleyes:) but i do and i care about everybody that i meet. And if i had a thicker skin and shut down on ppl the way i used to a really long time ago....nobody would like me and i wouldn't like myself.

But like a said that was back in the day and i have grown from that but i just wanted to know if anybody else had this happen to them and what did they do about.:)

I think it would help to realize that there are also people who do know better but who are so unhappy in themselves and who feel so small that they feel a need to knock others down in order to feel tall. I know a few folks like that IRL. Keeping that in mind does help one keep from letting them get to one. ;) But what's even more fun is frustrating their efforts by locking them out. :rofl:

SmilingElephant

I think it would help to realize that there are also people who do know better but who are so unhappy in themselves and who feel so small that they feel a need to knock others down in order to feel tall. I know a few folks like that IRL. Keeping that in mind does help one keep from letting them get to one. ;) But what's even more fun is frustrating their efforts by locking them out. :rofl:

.....Okay i'm firing my therapist.....:look:...you're hired!!:laugh:

I freakin love you Nonie!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

SmilingElephant, I'm sorry to hear that. Your hair is beautiful. I don't know why some people are such jerks. I would just delete the rude comments and KIM or like you said just make it available to members.

So far I haven't had any problems with my fotki but I make IP addresses viewable so even if you are annoymous I can still tell if the same person is posting.

Nonie, I like your attitude. That's a great way to be.
we were in your fotki as well.... last nite/early morning! OFF TO LEAVE A RUDE COMMENT:wallbash::wallbash::look:

DEAR Toy & Celinastarr.
Who do you guys think you are? With your long, thick luscious arse hair swinging about your waistline, hips, and buttocks?:blush: You could easily sweep a floor or mop my kitchen with such lush, supple, locks!!!:wallbash::wallbash: I pity you for being cursed with envious fools unlike myself:ohwell: Life is too short to not be happy with thin, bald, crunchy hair like my own.

with LOVE
silent stalker

Last edited:

jupitermoon

we were in your fotki as well.... last nite/early morning! OFF TO LEAVE A RUDE COMMENT:wallbash::wallbash::look:

Lol!

Prior to starting my fotki I gave myself a pep talk. I realize this is the Internet and unfortunately some rude comments are to be expected. So in years to come I won't be surprised in what I read, lol.

SmilingElephant

DEAR Toy & Celinastarr.
Who do you guys think you are? With your long, thick luscious arse hair swinging about your waistline, hips, and buttocks?:blush: You could easily sweep a floor or mop my kitchen with such lush, supple, locks!!!:wallbash::wallbash: I pity you for being cursed with envious fools unlike myself:ohwell: Life is too short to not be happy with thin, bald, crunchy hair like my own.

with LOVE

silent stalker

OMG!!!! HOT MESS!!!!! :rofl3:....:lachen::lachen::lachen:....:rofl:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I will say this.... I'm somewhat (kinda still i guess) of a kimmay stan

I do however, (imo) kindaaaaaaa wish she would lock her comments
simply b/c I think she would be in a better mood and not anticipate so many negative remarks & emails (WHICH I'VE READ... I KNOW SHE GETS)
I think she would enjoy making vids and offering info without reservation....LESS SNAPS!

Last edited:

Toy

DEAR Toy & Celinastarr.

with LOVE
silent stalker

You are a mess I thought we were sisters

Dragon_Of_Vaeros

Same here. I don't have a comment feature on my site.

As long as I am happy with what I have, I don't need 'em.