For those that co-wash, what do you use?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Do you use a cheapie cond, deep cond, protein cond, or moisturizing cond? I'm planning to co-wash once a week with ORS replenishing packs but I may alternate that with Suave or V05. I want something to retain moisture but to also give me a little hit of protein so I think the ORS maybe my best bet.

blazingthru

Actually I do not use a cheapie conditioner often. I mainly use whatever conditioner that is on hand that has moisturizer in it. I have tons of conditioner I also add olive or jojob oil or castor oil to it. It comes in handy when I dont' have time to prepoo --which is often since I Cowash everyday. Tresemee(sp) is what I am using right now but like I said I use all kinds but its rare I grab the cheapie ones for some reason I think they do more harm then good to your ends. I detangle my hair and rinse for five minutes are so and then I am out. I have humectress, Tresemee, fruituis, can't remember them all but is a lot and I grabbed stuff on sale as well. I also use cholesterol conditioner and comb that through rinse and go.

nakialovesshoes

I use cheapie cond - first I was using Suave - now I'm using Albert V05 blueberries and cream. However, the cheapies don't make my hair feel as good as say my Janet Carter conditioner. I want to start using my cholesterol to co-wash but I'm not sure if that will be damaging or not.

blazingthru

my hair doesn't like protein so I only do this once a week if that. I have color on my ends and thats the only reason why I do it. I use a corrector as well. but I dont' detangle with the protein I detangle first then add that and I rinse each section and follow up with the moisturzing conditioner if I do it any other way I have a mass of tangles and I am not having that so I am very careful about using protein. I like Keratin as well but it will matt your hair up if your not careful with it.

lizjoseph

I love my cheapies for co-washes. I don' think co-washes do damage.I think it helps clean the scalp a bit, without the harhness that shampoo has. (Eventually you'll have to clarify, but you need to do that anyway.) Right now I LOVE Suave Milk and Honey Conditoner. It REALLY leaves the hair soft and moisturized. I also like the smell of the Berries and Creme Smoothie conditoner they have.(I haven't used this yet on my hair. Only on the braids I have in, but it smells WONDERFUL!!.Can't wait to test it on my hair when I take these abaies out!) ORS Replenish Pak is really good for protein and it smeLls DELISH as well!! The only thing is that it buying the smalls paks can get pricey. I suggest you get the big bottle from the BSS. It sells for about $13 or so. If you have cheapie conditioners that you want to use up/get rid of and still want your protein, just crack an egg into a plastic cup, mix in some of the cheapie conditioner, and sit under the dryer. It's cheaper and you still get your protein. Hope that helps!! :)

MiWay

I'm liking AO White Camellia. I was using Keracare Humecto, but it pretty much stopped working. VO5 Strawberries and Cream isn't bad, but doesn't work as well as AO WC does.

cutiebe2

anything that doesn't have -cones is good in my book
right now im using Suave tropical coconut mixed with sweet almond oil

LABETT

I use mostly cheap conditioner to co wash like DDTA,White Rain Tropical Coconut and Vo5 Nourish Spa.
When new growth get really rough I use Elucence,Keracare (tub) or Nexxus Humectin or Kenra.

gymfreak336

I like any of the VO5 moisture milks conditioners. Pantene Relaxed and Natural breakage defense mask also workes well in cowashing for me .

silvergirl

i literally use any conditioner, each time i go to the store i randomly choose a diff conditioner, they all seem to work pretty much the same to me :)

charmtreese

I've been using WEN Fig Cleansing Conditioner exlusively for the past month or so as my regular hair and scalp cleanser and this stuff is the TRUTH. I love it. Great slip, Great moisture, it contains menthol so it also stimulates. I also use it as a leave-in and a deep conditioner and it gets the job done! I cant say enough great things about this product. I tried to purchase the gallon size off QVC a few days ago and they are all sold out!

Twisties

I using Neutrogena Replenishing Conditioner, Tresemme Moisturizing Conditioner, Nioxin Scalp Therapy, or V05 Kiwi Clairifying coniditioner.

I try any coniditioners that says "washes clean and doesn't weigh hair down" for co-washes.

I don't use anything that is considered a deep conditioner for co-washing, but maybe I should, hmmm.

Cinnabuns

I like using cheap conditioners as well, my favorites are:

V05 Vita Burst Revitalizing Conditioner Nectarine Orange Surge
VO5 Vita Burst Volumizing Conditioner Grapefruit Mandarin Splash
VO5 Tea Therapy Clarifying Shampoo Vanilla Mint Tea
V05 Free Me Freesia

...pretty much the whole conditioner line. There's not one that I don't likee. :)

KhandiB

I mix a bunch of stuff with Lustrasilk Cholesterol

I just bought some White Rain coconut and V05 Tea Therapy that I will be using :)

Eisani

Whatever is on hand, but my staples include Silicon Mix and WRTC mixed w/Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil, EVOO, and just a smidge of JBCO. I'm currently trying to use some stuff up as well so Suela y Canela, Aguacate y Zanahoria, Lustrasilk Aloe DC, Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol mixed w/EVOO, honey, JBCO, MSM powder, and Pure Vitamin E. I have others but these are what I'm currently using.

MissFallon

I use Pantene Hydrating Curls. I really like it and it keeps my hair moisturized. I was also using Nexxus Humectress but stopped when I ran out bc the Pantene was just as good.

Brownie518

I use different ones. Here are some:

ORS Replenishing
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense mask
WRTC
Garnier Length & Strength
Garnier Moisture Works
Organix Vanilla Silk
Blended Beauty Cleansing Conditioner

I usually mix something in there. Maybe some EVOO, Castor Oil, Aloe Vera gel, glycerine, Silk Peptide Powder, Marine Collagen, Mowrah butter, Red Palm Oil. Depends on what my hair feels like.

MissFallon

I also use motions moisture plus 1-2 times a week as a cowash. I put it in b4 I get in the shower and then wa**** out when Im done in the shower. I really liked this and will probably keep this as a staple.

rosie

For me, the cheapie is the one.

I use Suave Daily Clarifying with some added stuff.

I take a 2 qt pitcher and pour some baking soda in it. I don't measure, I just pour.

Then I pour ACV in to about one the pitcher height.

Wait for it to fizz like crazy.

When it finished reacting, then I mix it in an empty condish bottle with the suave in a 3:1 ration (sauve to ACV/soda mix)

I love it, it cleans my hair and leaves it very soft.