Hair Too Soft

neonbright

I pre poo'd, wash and used a moisturizing detangling condish. and all this week my hair was to soft. Not breaking or shedding but extra, extra soft. Should I wash and condish. as usual or do a protein treatment. I was thinking tomorrow I would wash with ORS shampoo and ORS Pak for cond. and the usual roller saran wrap. What do you all think?:ohwell:

neonbright

Thanks for the fast replies, I thought so. Now I just have to decided on which one to use. Ultra Sheen Duo Tex, Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum or ORS Rep. Pak.

neonbright

Come on hair sisters, I think the Duo Tex, but I do need to follow up with a cheap moisturizer. Or should I use Elasta QP?

gymfreak336

Come on hair sisters, I think the Duo Tex, but I do need to follow up with a cheap moisturizer. Or should I use Elasta QP?

I use both of these. The duo tex is a bit stronger but I really like it. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner though. It is really effective. If you don't think you need a super dose of protien just leave in on for 5 minutes and then rinse. I like the elasta too though but I still follow that one up with another conditioner. For bang for you buck go with the duo tex.

neonbright

I use both of these. The duo tex is a bit stronger but I really like it. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner though. It is really effective. If you don't think you need a super dose of protien just leave in on for 5 minutes and then rinse. I like the elasta too though but I still follow that one up with another conditioner. For bang for you buck go with the duo tex.

Gotcha doing that tonight.:grin:

neonbright

Update: So my hair is not too soft or mushy any more. Just right soft now, just because my hair is not into strong proteins it, I used a combo of ION condish and Proclaim Condish., and it is alot better now. But next week I will use ORS Rep. PAK since it is both mild protein and moisture; my hair will be happy, soft, bouncy but healthy again.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I just saw this thread today, but the other ladies gave you the same advice I was going to give: mushy hair requires an immediate protein treatment. When my hair feels mushy, I like to use the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor (since it's not so heavy duty like the regular Aphogee).

Glad it worked out for you.

neonbright

I just saw this thread today, but the other ladies gave you the same advice I was going to give: mushy hair requires an immediate protein treatment. When my hair feels mushy, I like to use the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor (since it's not so heavy duty like the regular Aphogee).

Glad it worked out for you.

I am going to have to get some Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, I have seen it alot on the board and I won't be up all night/morning like I was this morning.

Neroli

Another quick, cheap and very effective fix for over soft hair: add a couple of whole egg to any condish and DC for at least 30 minutes with plastic cap. Rinse with cool to cold water. Aweeeeesooooome . . . . . .

neonbright

Another quick, cheap and very effective fix for over soft hair: add a couple of whole egg to any condish and DC for at least 30 minutes with plastic cap. Rinse with cool to cold water. Aweeeeesooooome . . . . . .

That sounds like a plan also.