FOR THOSE THAT LIKED MY BANTU KNOTS!

Wolftrap

I have received a lot of PM's and questions about you ladies liking the way my hair turned out with my bantu knot set and asking how to do it. Thanks for the compliments but ALAS! I have found an easier way that to me gives better results. I have discovered Flexi Rods. I styled my hair using these and in 1/2 the drying time it gave the same results as the bantu set if not better. My hair came out more full. The bantus sometimes take a whole day to dry where this took only about an hour under the dryer. I think I will save the bantus for when I am about 6 weeks or more post relaxer but I will be doing the Flexi rods from now on.

Now I have a question. I used Lottabody before I put on the flexi rods. I thought my hair would come out semi-hard but it didn't it came out really soft. Is there anything that I can use that can give me some sort of crispness when my hair dries? Not hard but semi-hard if you understand what I mean. I want the curls to stay longer. The lottabody didn't do much for holding the curl. TIA

chellee

Wolftrap. I liked your Bantu Knots also and was actually planning on duplicating them whenever I got some time. I heard some people recommend using a little bit of mouse either with or without the lottabody (I would think with). Please post your results if you try this.

Also, how do you get your flexirods to stay put on your head? How many are you using to achieve the same look? Lastly, what size are you using?

Wolftrap

I will try it with mousse and lotta body next time. I hope I get harder curls. The flexi rods stay in place on their own. You just have to bend them on each end. I didn't think they would stay in place but they did. They came 12 in a pack and I used 2 packs but I think need 3. I'm going to pick up another pack and try again. One downside though those flexi rods made my head too big to fit in the dryer. If you have a bonnet dryer it would be easier so I had to put the rods all over my head and sit under the dryer butlet front dry and then take those out and then let the back dry cause my whole head would not dry cause the heat wasn't hitting the whole thing. I used the blue the 1/2" ones. They look like this in case anyone wants to know.

chellee

I have the 1/4" ones and they are WAY too small. I intended on using them for straw curls but I was too lazy to do them properly. I will try again with the 1/2" ones, however, my hair is shorter than yours so maybe I'll opt for a size smaller. Decisions, decisions . . .

All I want is a wet and go look . . .

Please remember to post pics with your flexis.

DigitalRain

How did you place the flexirods in your hair? Is there a pattern that you follow? Inquiring minds want to know...

Wolftrap

I have pics in my album already with the fexis. They don't give me the wet and go look I think the smaller ones will give you that look. The size you already have. I am going to get a straw set done at the salon probably this week or next. I will post pics of that if I don't look like Annie.

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
How did you place the flexirods in your hair? Is there a pattern that you follow? Inquiring minds want to know...

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have taken a picture with the rods in my hair. I did them each individually in the same direction. I rolled them going in a backward direction and if this makes sense, I also didn't do them like you do a regular roller. I rolled them sideways and made sure that the hair went down the whole flexi rod. Like my hair wasn't rolled under itself so it looked like a spiral. My hair stuck to the flexi rod I'm guessing because of the lottabody I put in it.

ladylibra_30

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I have received a lot of PM's and questions about you ladies liking the way my hair turned out with my bantu knot set and asking how to do it. Thanks for the compliments but ALAS! I have found an easier way that to me gives better results. I have discovered Flexi Rods. I styled my hair using these and in 1/2 the drying time it gave the same results as the bantu set if not better. My hair came out more full. The bantus sometimes take a whole day to dry where this took only about an hour under the dryer. I think I will save the bantus for when I am about 6 weeks or more post relaxer but I will be doing the Flexi rods from now on.

Now I have a question. I used Lottabody before I put on the flexi rods. I thought my hair would come out semi-hard but it didn't it came out really soft. Is there anything that I can use that can give me some sort of crispness when my hair dries? Not hard but semi-hard if you understand what I mean. I want the curls to stay longer. The lottabody didn't do much for holding the curl. TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

silky milk would be just the product to give you the 'hold' you are looking for, wolftrap.

Karonica

Wolftrap, I know people hate this, but adding a touch (only a touch) of brown protein gel to each piece of hair before setting will keep those flexis in longer.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
whats a bss? all we have in my town is a ebony's hair suply, kings mart hair supply, sally's walmart, target and k-mart, if you want something for your hair lol

Wolftrap

A BSS is short for Beauty Supply Store. I'm sure you can find them at some of those places you listed

gn1g

Karonica said:
Wolftrap, I know people hate this, but adding a touch (only a touch) of brown protein gel to each piece of hair before setting will keep those flexis in longer.

they added that gel at the beauty salon and those curls lasted almost a month! does that work with regular rollersets?

Radianthealth

I love Flexirods!!!

I don't know if anyone said this or not, but if you use lottabody without watering it down that should give you a firmer set.

gimbap

I forgot about these! I used to wear flexirod sets all the time in high school. When the curls would start to fall, I would just wrap my hair and it would give it good body. I think I may flexirod my hair tomorrow!