For those who gave up on Keracare Humecto (long)

Miosy

You have to give it one more try. This past weekend I washed and deep conditioned my little cousin's hair because she is suffering from serious breakage from relaxers and conrows. As I washed her hair it was breaking into pieces. I washed her hair and followed using Keracare Humecto for about 10 minutes in the shower. I slightly trimmed the ends and put a little WWG oil and let it air dry. Her hair felt so moisturized that I was shocked and no breakage.

So, I decided to give it a try again because I had experience bad tangles when I used it with heat but what I did different was that I used my regular shampoo/conditioners to make sure my hair was fully detangled and I applied the conditioner for about 30 minutes w/o heat. Humecto is w/o a doubt one of the best moisturizing conditioner but not the best detangler but I combatted it by detangle before applying
My hair feels really soft and moisturized!

Give Keracare one more try

patience

Humecto was the bomb when I used it!!! It was the price I didn't like. Wow, folks actually had problems with this product?...I always thought it worked great!

TBird

I would like to hear from others who have tried or who are using KeraCare products. I just ordered some of them and can't wait to start using. I would appreciate any comments from users past and present of KeraCare products. Would appreciate PMs also. TIA!!!!! HHGing

queenofmean68

I currently use the Keracare moisturizing shampoo, humecto, and the setting lotion. I love the products---although they are pricey. I have never had an issue with the humecto, as a matter of fact it is the best detangling conditioner I have ever used.

Dolce_Dawn

Hmmm... maybe I will give this another try. I was first exposed to it when I went to the hairdressers and she used the whole line on me. Well, my hair came out so incredibly nice
(swing, shine, bounce) that I immediately wanted everything they offered. My pocketbook had other feelings on the matter...so I just bought the conditioner. Anyhoo, when I tried to emulate what the stylist had done using Humecto, I couldn't believe how hard my hair felt. She used it w/o heat and so did I. What went wrong? I gave it another try and same thing, hardness.
I returned it.

When my pocketbook decided to play nice and reward me, I picked up the setting lotion (already had the poo) and a sample of the Humecto. I used the entire line instead of mish mash products and it totally worked! My hair didn't have slip, per se but it did feel good and my finished 'do was banging!

So, I said all that to say
(there is a point to my rambling) that I just may take your advice and buy Humecto b/c it did compliment the other products in the line well.

beana3

Miosy i'm glad you tried it and like it the second go round... I love Humecto, and for me it detangles better than anything out there! I use mine w/ a heat cap for 15mins, let it cool for 5 and rinse and the tangles slip right out of my hair!!!

KinksnCurlz

Now ya'll know i loveeee me some keracare

IMO, it is by far one of the best at detangling my hair. i gave up on washing my own hair before this b/c i lost so much of it during the detangling process.
I leave it on my hair for at least 15 - 30 mins... and rinse out.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Humecto is an okay conditioner--not bad at all. The trick to Humecto is to follow the directions on it. But I must give major props to their Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. Their dry and itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner are also great. They make my scalp feel wonderful and they do send the itchies packing.

Dolce_Dawn

Supergirl-

Would you say that the Dry and Itchy conditioner is better than Humecto in terms of overall softness, slip and feel?

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Humecto is an okay conditioner--not bad at all. The trick to Humecto is to follow the directions on it. But I must give major props to their Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. Their dry and itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner are also great. They make my scalp feel wonderful and they do send the itchies packing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, i forgot about the shampoo... excellent slip. I love the way my hair feels afterwards too, not slimy at all. And the 1st lather ain't no joke either

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yep CH the first lather is good too

Dolce Dawn,

I am only rating the Dry and Itchy Scalp system based on how it helps my scalp. The conditioner is moisturizng, but I don't know if I would say it's better than Humecto. It's not worse either.

SoniT

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I LOVE the Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo. The Humecto condtioner is cool too but the shampoo is my favorite.

Chichi

KeraCare products are staples for me. The detangling shampoo and Humecto conditioner are great! They key to Humecto, in my eyes, is to leave it on for the 15-20 minutes before rinsing.

Chichi

kitchen_tician

yes, i also love kera care products. i have issues with detangling and by using the whole system, i have little breakage/shedding and combing is much easier. i use the detangling shampoo, hydrating conditioner, and foam wrap/setting lotion.

when i was going to the hair salon, the hair stylist said she didn't like kera care shampoo and felt that it was too drying. well, whatever she was using, was matting my hair together and making it tangle terribly. so i brought my own bottles of kera care detangling shampoo and humecto and she fell in love with it. and the salon she worked in used kera care also, but she never wanted to use it. anyway, it reduced the detangling time from 25 minutes to 5-10 minutes. she couldn't believe how it detangled my hair and made it so soft. now she has been doing hair for over 20 years and she should have known that. that's why i believe that no one knows your hair better than YOU.

Miosy

The shampoo gives a great slip but it's too pricey for me. I wash my hair 2x a week so I use elucence as my main shampoo.

DahomeyAhosi

No Humecto for me but I'm glad it worked for you. When I used this conditioner it took me two days to detangle my hair. Never again....it was the first time I considered cutting my hair.

sithembile

I don't like Humecto, its too thin and I don't find it moisturising, it detangles but thats because of the cones.

spanishteardrops

Always follow your heart
I didn't like humecto the first time I tried it either. Last week was the only time it worked with my hair. I only left it in for about 5 minutes w/out heat.

miss_brown

I'm sorry, but my hair hates Humecto
and I've given it numerous chances... I'm going to try it mixed it my molasses/honey/castor oil concoction and see if that improves the results.