For those who get their hair washed in the salon advice for sink wash

almond eyes

I have recently started to get my hair professionally washed/conditioned at the hair salon.

When I was living in the States Before, I would wash my hair on my own in the shower.

Now that I am living in Africa, the water pressure from my shower is very low and water is scarce anyhow in my area so I prefer to go to a salon to wash my hair.

What I find out is that I get a lot of tangles no matter what product I use. And I blame it on the sink washing. The washing process and moving the hair around creates tangles. I use a steam to help loosen those tangles which helps but as my hair gets longer I think washing in the sink will be become more of an issue.

But I would really like to know if hair salons would be adverse to washing hair in loose plaits to cut down on the tangles. Has anyone ever gone to a salon for a wash and asked them to not wash your hair loose? What was the response? For those ladies with hair that is CBL or longer do you have good experiences with having your hair washed professionally in the sink loose? How do you combat this?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Almond Eyes

SuchaLady

Are you natural? Washing in a salon sink should produce the least amount of tangles of all the methods. Your hair is going straight back. Unless it was tangled to begin with.

Evolving78

the salon sink is the best! i wish i had one at home with a male stylist to wash my hair and give great scalp massages!

Tamster

the salon sink is the best! i wish i had one at home with a male stylist to wash my hair and give great scalp massages!

omggg yessss. a sexy male stylist :drool:

There was one Egyptian salon i used ot go to.... really good looking male stylists... with tight jeans.. and you would tip them by sticking your money in their pockets:look: :yawn: YES LAWD!:grin:

Okay sorry that was off topic.

JJamiah

My favorite place to get my hair washed --- A salon sink LOL, the male stylist is an added benefit Yummy :lick:

ceecy29

I agree, washing in the salon sink shouldn't pose much problems. I've even had it washed in a salon in "Africa", but I made them do it in sections. At the Dominican salon here in the states I let them do it loose, no issues there.

Kurlee

i hate the sink. They slap the hair all togetherr and mush it around and tangle it like hell.

Evolving78

i hate the sink. They slap the hair all togetherr and mush it around and tangle it like hell.

i didn't even think about that.

OP, so it sounds like the advice given would be to tell them to wash your hair in sections and if you are natural, make sure your hair is detangled first. you can do that at home. detangle and put your hair in sections.

silenttullip

Ever since this healthy journey I haven't washed my hair loose bring some claw clamps with you and see if they'll let you put it in 4 sections while they wash it. If not I'd find a new place. I stayed around the same length for 3 years partly because of washing loose they should respect your wishes

Tiye

I don't know where you are in Africa but I'm sure you can find stylists who will do whatever you ask coz they want to get paid. Ask friends, neighbors or coworkers to refer you to a good stylist.