For those who Texlax (texturized), I need your advice

cocoberry10

Hi Texlaxed Ladies:

I didn't intend to become texlaxed, but after 2 underprocessed phyto experiences, I'm trying to decide whether this may be a viable option.

Anyway, I may texlax and not get hair bone straight with my next relaxer. However, I didn't like phyto, and want to try another relaxer.

Before phyto, I used Affirm w/lye (mild or regular, switching off). I may go back to that, but wanted to know what the rest of you all have used , who have successfully texlaxed.

Oh, I have 4a/b hair (maybe more 4b, than 4a, but not too sure). I would love to wear a wash and go look. I've been wearing a lot of buns lately, and am getting bored!

I use Gentle Treatment, regular strength no-lye relaxer.

DSylla leaves her relaxer in for only 5 min and wears a beautiful wash and go, something I would love to try one of these days.:)

I use phyto and am texturized. Phyto makes my hair quite poofy but relatively healthy. Before that my stylist used Mizani sensitive scalp which reduced the poof but also the health of my hair. Others like it though.

My stylist uses Affim. In my advatar I had her take a pic of my hair in her shop for me. I only go every 3 months. I would not dare apply it myself because once you over process, that's it. :ohwell:

DahomeyAhosi said:
I use phyto and am texturized. Phyto makes my hair quite poofy but relatively healthy. Before that my stylist used Mizani sensitive scalp which reduced the poof but also the health of my hair. Others like it though.

I tried phyto twice, and I swear it did absolutely nothing to my hair. How long did you leave it on, and what, if anything, did you do to prep for it? Thanks!

Isis said:
I use Gentle Treatment, regular strength no-lye relaxer.

DSylla leaves her relaxer in for only 5 min and wears a beautiful wash and go, something I would love to try one of these days.:)

Thanks Isis! Like (former) B2K said bump, bump, bump (for more answers)

cocoberry10 said:
I tried phyto twice, and I swear it did absolutely nothing to my hair. How long did you leave it on, and what, if anything, did you do to prep for it? Thanks!

I leave phyto (index II) on for at least 30 minutes because I do all my hair at once even though I should do it in two parts. I don't do anything special to prep.

I used elasta qp normal, and I really love the results it gave me... I mixed it with vo5 peaches conditioner and olive oil and I have the curls that I longed for, it took me a few try's to get to this point but I'm happy with my tex hair or texlaxed hair, now all I do is spray a little s-curl moisturizer with a little silicon mix as a leave in and garnier fructis sleek and shine serum and I twist my hair in updo's and I'm out ther door all this takes me is 5 minutes..but I have a few straight ends from smoothing the relaxer threw a little too much but you cant really tell cause they curl up too after a while...

Back