For those who want to work on their cornrowing....

sweetcocoa

This site has excellent(easy to follow) directions. There are no great 'in depth' or complicated instructions....just simple and straight forward. I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong when cornrowing. I hope this helps somebody else.

http://www.kthulah.net/mtc/mtcglossary/cornrows.html

This morning I did one fat cornrow down the back of my own hair(it looks like a french braid). This would look fabulous on those ladies with bra strap and longer length.
(I wish I had a camera...)
I'm so pleased with myself because I usually have to find someone to do this for me. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

pebbles

Hey Sweetcocoa,

Thanks for that great link! I'm glad you had success with your cornrow attempt. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Thanks! Those instructions seem pretty clear. I've been using the instructions from "It's All Good Hair" and I think they left out a step!

serena

Thanks, Sweetcocoa. I can do one big cornrow going down the back of my head, or two (one on each side of my head). Now I need to do some basic styles involving more cornrows. I'm putting this thread in my favorites. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

thanks for the link, sweetcocoa! i'm gonna try this on friday. maybe i'll wear a braid out to our gathering saturday. wish me luck... i'll need it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne