For those who wanted the original Wanakee link her

Kitkat

Re: For those who wanted the original Wanakee link

Interesting, informative link that makes lots of good points and reinforces what's stressed on this board. It's good to read it again in a comprehensive site, though. Thanks, Lucia! I wonder if anyone here has ever tried her stuff, and what they think of it. I'm tempted to try, but I already try to use good products, so what would her products add to the mix? Hmmm, something to think about . . . /images/graemlins/grin.gif

UmSumayyah

ok so has anyone used this stuff?
And I must say, her hair is gorgeous.

Amethyst

Thanks for posting the link Lucia. I've met her, and have nothing but good things to say about hair. She is truly an inspiration /images/graemlins/smile.gif

UmSummayah: I've tried her shampoo, detangling spray, hair oil, and Constant Care For Ends. I found the shampoo to be very moisturizing. The hair oil leaves your hair moisturized w/o bogging it down. It doesn't leave it lifeless and limp. The Constant Care for Ends is a super concentrated product. A little goes a loooong way. Believe me, when I used to wear my hair up and tucked my ends under, my ends stayed drenched in that product all day long. I could do without the detangling spray, however. I find that the Avocado conditioning creme I'm using detangles superbly. It gives incredible slip, in which Wanakee's detangling spray did not. I never tried her conditioner suprisingly, because at the time cholesterol was my favorite conditioner so I saw no need to try anything else. Now that Wanakee has sold her product-line to someone else, I haven't bothered to reorder.

Boadicea

I've tried all of her products and while they are good, there are other things for cheaper prices that work as well or better.

peacelove

Question - does anyone know what happened to her and why she sold this line? I liked the shampoo and conditioner and I loved the hair line cream (even though it has petrol., it kept me from brushing my hairline back in my more "careless hairstyle" days)

I am a little leary about this line now that it has been sold. wondering if anyone knew what happened.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I broke down and ordered some a while back. I tried:

Detangling Spray (hated it and returned it) It made my hair feel funny. Not slippery like a detangling spray should feel...
Hairline Essential Creme (hated it and returned it) It built up on my hair too fast.
Constant Care for Ends (it's ok--I'll use what I have but I won't re-purchase it)
Oil for the Hair (It smells like vinegar. It works ok, but I won't re-purchase. It's collecting dust somewhere...)
The Advanced Conditioning Treatment is the only product I really liked. But like Bodicea said, I can find something cheaper that works just as well or better. It is very similar to Lady Velvet Instant Repair which is only $3-$5 for 8 oz.

Edited to add: I put duct tape over BJ's name on the label. I'm embarrassed to own hair care products named after a woman that wears a wig... Why don't they just call it Verifen Complex and be done with it?

Destanee

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
peacelove said:
Question - does anyone know what happened to her and why she sold this line? I liked the shampoo and conditioner and I loved the hair line cream (even though it has petrol., it kept me from brushing my hairline back in my more "careless hairstyle" days)

I am a little leary about this line now that it has been sold. wondering if anyone knew what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering the same thing?