For those who wanted to try "Inky Loves Nature" but were not feeling the price...

*ElleB said:
LOL, did you buy it at the Regular price, so1913?

No, but now I want to buy it!!! It's on my "to try" list, but you know I just finished clearing out my stash and "attempting" to "recover"....this would go on sale now :-(

I'm sooooo fighting the urge right now....thanks a lot :/

Ummm, so I went to see what the "estimate" would be for the Nappaliscious Nutritious on Amazon with shipping, just out of curiosity (wasn't gonna buy it, I swear ;) ).....why did it come up with TWO additional promotion discounts at checkout?!?! The sales price says $23, but my invoice rang up $11.52 including S&H???? I HAD to submit it at that price, it's originally $27. Not sure if it was an error on Amazons part, because I have no clue what the additional promotion discounts were for, but they better not charge me more than what was confirmed to me or we'll have a problem!

Did anyone else encounter this additional discount when ordering?

so1913 said:
Ummm, so I went to see what the "estimate" would be for the Nappaliscious Nutritious on Amazon with shipping, just out of curiosity (wasn't gonna buy it, I swear ;) ).....why did it come up with TWO additional promotion discounts at checkout?!?! The sales price says $23, but my invoice rang up $11.52 including S&H???? I HAD to submit it at that price, it's originally $27. Not sure if it was an error on Amazons part, because I have no clue what the additional promotion discounts were for, but they better not charge me more than what was confirmed to me or we'll have a problem!

Did anyone else encounter this additional discount when ordering?

WHAT?! OMG, I'm holding myself down right now! Uhh, maybe I'll just go see what an "estimate" will be for the magical melanin moisturizer:cool:

*ElleB said:
Uh oh, with that promotion I can get the 3 pieces for 16.96!!!

Something ain't right, but oh well! My invoice says $11 and that's what I'm paying! LOL!

oh well, she just sent me an email saying she's not honoring amazon's prices. i'm not going to reorder. i probably didn't need it anyway.

felicia said:
oh well, she just sent me an email saying she's not honoring amazon's prices. i'm not going to reorder. i probably didn't need it anyway.

huh? The body scrub is on sale for $16.10 from $23.00.
I wonder if that's for all of the products? I'm am NOT happy.
I was just about to get my creditcard! :perplexed

i'm not sure if you mean the product is $16 at checkout or when you first click the product. at checkout, the price is reduced more. those are the prices she's not honoring. she said all of the products are doing that. i'm confused about something she said. she said she'll probably have to refund my money :confused: she'd better refund it. i'm not paying those high prices and if i'm not going to have a product shipped to me, she'd better refund the money i did pay.

trinidarkie1 said:
huh? The body scrub is on sale for $16.10 from $23.00.
I wonder if that's for all of the products? I'm am NOT happy.
I was just about to get my creditcard! :perplexed

i just tried to check out with that item. i THINK that's the right price. you can try it and see.

I know right?! I am on the checkout page (although I said I wasnt going to buy anything :lol:).
Does anyone know of any other organic body scrubs that are that cheap? (sales price/under $20)

here is the email i received:

peace and love,

amazon is not reflecting the correct pricing for any of the inky
products. im looking into the problem.
i will probably have to refund your card and have you re-order, as
soon as i understand what is going on, sorry for the inconvenience!

~LEESAH b

They were doing an promotion where you get a certain percentage off of her products that cost a certain amount. I don't think she likes that they discounted them...I guess it messes with the amount of money she makes from it....That's the only issue I see...

Hi ladies,

I'm a lurker, but occassionally I've PMed members to get some feedback or buy products. Right now, I'm in the middle of doing research on Inky Loves Nature (blogs, boards, product reviews, press releases etc). Just like all of you, I've been wanting to try her products for a while now, and unbeknownst to me, she's only been in business for 1 year! A while back I signed up on her mailing list and last week I got an email offering me a spot as an Inky INDIES Princess Consultant.

Now please don't jump on me, but I thought that if some of you were as interested in natural hair care and her products as I was that perhaps you would be interested in signing up as an INDIE. Right now the sign up is free and all you have to do is purchase one of the products you see currently 30% off at Amazon (through end of June) AFTER you've signed up so that your consultant status will be activated!

For those of you wondering why the price of these products, well after I discovered her products contain ingredients beyond just shea butter, I started to do my homework and it's probably because, in my opinion, Inky Loves Nature is a Self-Sustaining company . Inky focuses on a philisophy of self-love and has a line of products that are the embodiment of the following:

* Created and owned by a woman of African descent (w/ a great british accent).

* Designed to meet the needs of others of African descent (among others).

* Empowering those of African descent through a great business opportunity.

* Educating the community on African beauty through the use & benefits of fun, trend-setting, holistic products.

* Aiding developing African communities, animals and the environment through annual donations of 1% net sales.

* Improving socio-econonimic status of African cultures through community traded and fair traded raw materials.

* Utilizing a variety of wild-crafted (organic) African sourced ingredients.

* Free of fillers, synthetics, and other chemicals.

* Environmentally safe with eco-friendly and recyclable packaging.

* Against animal testing.

* 100% Vegan certified.

* Made in the U.S. A.

(I personally compiled the above list)

So that for me sealed the deal about signing up and further increased my excitement and pride for this line. There's currently no company out there, direct selling or otherwise, at least in the states, that offers such a well-rounded package. Of course there's the compensation plan for the hosts and consultants (30% discount) that's quite competitive and at this point in time....this would finally allow you to try and sample the products plus share it with your friends and family! But I primarily wanted to address the product's price points. On top of the wonderful things about the company, most of these products should last longer because they are concentrated. Furthermore, the owner mentioned that she would love to add more products, and more are coming in July, that are sourced from Africa but being that she's still a small company the price point would be higher than some people would want to pay. So she is aware of price and hopes that when her company grows more in the future (and will it) she'll be able to offer more exciting products at a good price point.

Otherwise, when I get my sampler pack (I ordered the $13 sampler last night), I'll come back (if this post is still here) and post reviews of the products. I'm honestly so excited for this line and I really want her to do well. She's decided to forgo most wholesale accounts (and even turned down QVC), in order to help support and provide a business opportunity for women (and men) of color.

Well I hope I answered some of your questions. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore.

All the best!

Last edited:
Back