For Those with Thin Hair...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I see that most of you have breakage when combing wet hair...

Well mine is the complete opposite...

My hair combs great when soaking wet or completely dry but when it is damp or in airdrying state, my hair is prone to breakage...

So I want to do the ponytail method which requires airdrying in a ponytail. Im wondering is it okay for me to do the ponytail method with thin hair? and how can I care for my hair so it wont be prone to break?

Poohbear

bump...please help...dont just view and go away

CheerBear

I don't know about the ponytail method, but you might wanna try a K Cutter which is sposed to be good for not causing breakage..or be extra extra gentle with it OR do whatever you're gonna do to it while it's wet and then dont comb it anymore until its wet again...I hope that was useful

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
bump...please help...dont just view and go away

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have thin hair, but here's my $0.02--

Your hair should be fine if you make sure to use a real slippery conditioner and a wide tooth, seamless comb to make detangling easier.
And don't forget the satin scrunchie or Ouchless ponytail holders (the kind w/o the metal piece).

TrustMeLove

Yep I have thin hair, which I really don't like because I like big hair and its kind of hard to achieve relaxed with thin hair.

My hair is weak when wet for sure...because I tried doing the wet hair condition wash everyday thing and go, but it was all bad my hair would just break break break. Because it would get tangled and just be a mess and im trying to un tangle..it was too much manipulation at the time.

But after reading the things some of you ladies have said about your hair breaking while wet, it lead me to believe that the wet hair everyday just isn't the best way for some of us to grow our hair.

So I try to wash and dry and wrap.

But now what I can do is condition wash every other day leave it slicked back until it air dries during my day. It dries crinkley puffy which I like. As Long as its shiney

-Faye

Leshia

Poohbear, is there any chance that your hair needs more moisture. That's the only time my fine hair breaks when it's dry...Just a thought.

LABETT

Has anyone seen thicker hair from stretching out relaxer and
taking B5 along with a B Complex.
I have started using more Castor along with surge and my hair is deifinitely strong and less shedding.
I also dont relax bone straight anymore.
J/A/S/O/N Thin to Thick Shampoo and Conditioner I am going to start using on a regular basis.

Tracy

You shouldn't "comb" your hair much when you airdry it. My hair is also fine and I never do. Never.

queenofmean68

I have fine hair and I can only think of 2 reasons why your hair is breaking when it is dry.
1. It is dry and brittle
2. It is weak from relaxing, or heat appliances.

If you believe it is dry and brittle, you should start doing a weekly hot oil treatment and use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

If you believe it is weak from heat, or relaxers you should use a good protein conditioner, once a month.

Another culprit is the "airdrying" itself. I found out that for some odd reason my hair would dry to almost a crispy state and when I tried to comb thru it, my hair would be snapping left and right. Do you have a hooded dryer? If so I suggest you use it on a medium setting.

HTH

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
I have fine hair and I can only think of 2 reasons why your hair is breaking when it is dry.
1. It is dry and brittle
2. It is weak from relaxing, or heat appliances.

If you believe it is dry and brittle, you should start doing a weekly hot oil treatment and use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

If you believe it is weak from heat, or relaxers you should use a good protein conditioner, once a month.

Another culprit is the "airdrying" itself. I found out that for some odd reason my hair would dry to almost a crispy state and when I tried to comb thru it, my hair would be snapping left and right. Do you have a hooded dryer? If so I suggest you use it on a medium setting.

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont use heating appliances anymore but i have blow-dried my hair once or twice. I also use a hooded dryer when i do roller sets. My hair might be dry from being color treated in March and I got a relaxer in April. Ive never done a hot oil treatment when hot so I'll take that advice. i also need to get a protein treatment which I have never done before either!

If I do the ponytail method, I will just comb my hair while it is wet into a ponytail and leave it alone. I dont experience breakage when combing wet. When its damped or airdrying, I might experience breakage but not if my hair is in roller. My hair is weird
...I'll just do some trial and error