for you-pookeylou (courtesy of VIRTUASIS)

ladylibra_30

I was talking about this in a previous post on another board:

It seems that L'Oreal (as a big greedy corporate monster), owns and manufactures many of the cosmetics and hair products we use... In addition to the drug store and obvious products, they also have Lancome, Shu Uemura, Biotherm, Cacharel, Matrix, CCB, Garnier, Georgio Armani Parfums, Helena Rubinstein, Kerastase, Kiehls, La Roche-Posay, Maybelline, Ombrelle, Redken, Ralph Lauren Parfums, Vichy, and even Soft-Sheen Carson ( your Dark N Lovely company - sorry y'all - it's NOT black-owned).

I have made some recent discoveries that prove that Loreal is notorious for packaging the SAME product under different names, and selling to different markets for different prices. If you use any of these higher end products (Kerastase for example - prices range from from $28 for Shampoo to $50 for conditioner), you are DEFINITELY being taken.

Loreal Color Juice ($7.99) and Lancome Juicy Tubes ($15-20) - same product, different packaging and retail. Formula and concept are the same, except Juicy Tubes comes in a bit more colors, and some have said there is a little more color pigment in them but not that much... I've used both, will not be purchasing the Juicy Tubes again...

Kerastase Paris - The holy grail of all salon products - a frequent rave of celebrities and hair stylists - but oh so overpriced. Also so exclusive, they don't sell it in the US, except for a few select hair salons... Their biggest selling product line is the Oleo Relax - which consists of a Shampoo, Conditioner, Deep Conditioning Masque, and a Serum. I discovered that Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense is roughly the same product! The packaging is even similar (eye-catching orange). Matter of fact, the packaging was sooooo similar when it first came out, that they changed the packaging! Their "Masqueintense" deep conditioner comes in a tiny jar and costs about $40, the Vive version is $5. Also Garnier Fructis has a lot of the same ingredients as well (another Loreal product). So yes, the official Kerastase copy is Loreal's Vive line, also some of the Garnier Fructis products, as well as Loreal Nature's Therapy. Also the Nature's Therapy Heat Protection Creme, the Vive Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz cream, and the Garnier Smoothing Milk are comparable to the Kerastase Nutri-Liss Blow Dry Lotion.

Lee

hmmm

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Do you happen to know the cheap version of Redken's anti-snap leave in conditioner? I would love to stock up on the cheapy version

pookeylou

Awwwww SHOOT!!! I did have a tub of Garnier Fructese in my collection. I had made a decision to never buy it again anyway...I use a CUP of conditioner for my washes...that little tub, to be priced so big didnt last me 2 DAYS!

Now I am going ot have to write a letter...

Thanks Chica for posting this. It is ON now!

NapturalGlory

that is a shame... i like natural and black made products best. otherwise i stick with the cheaper mainstream stuff. if i'm gonna buy mainstream i may as well save some money.

UmSumayyah

Yet another reason to skip the high-priced lines whenever possible.
More products that the pj can buy!