FORGET THIS, I'M GOING NATURAL!!!

questionable

I've been on my hair journey for almost 2 years now. I started at ear length and now I'm at shoulder length. Big Woop right, lol. Well my hair just started to grow a lot recently, it was thicker, longer and healthier than I've ever seen it. But than I had to get a relaxer, I used the ORS lye relaxer on my hair, and ever since than my hair has been falling out in clumps, it is so fried and thin. No matter what I do and trust me I've tried everything the hair just keeps coming out. I said to myself "wow, all that work, all that dedication for one stupid relaxer to mess up everything". I said to myself "NO MORE". I gave my self two choices I either go natural, or stop my hair journey, because I honestly can't take anymore setbacks. So I decided to go natural, right now I'm going to transition until summer, and than I'm going to do the big chop. I'm excited. Will I be embarrassed with a teeny weeny afro? Eh, not really, confidence is the key. I just have to make sure I get my eyebrows done on a regular, put some lip gloss on, wear some big earrings now and again and call it a day. I'll rock the Afrocentric look for a while if I have to. So yeah I'm excited, lol. I think my hair will grow faster, and I will be able to retain length better because my hair is not rubbing on my clothes. I'll keep you guys posted. HHJ!!

Beauty_Bandit-
Don't be so quick to BC...the same thing happened to me. I was using the very same ORS relaxer when I hair got jacked up. I believe it was too strong for my tresses. I managed to revive my hair. I had my hair professionally cut off, then I started to nurse my hair back to life.

I did this by wet wrapping for approx 5 -6 months when I started to notice a difference. Thats when I started rollersetting and incorporated more rigorous deep conditioning treatments into my regimen. Then I discovered LHCF and the rest is history.

Good luck to you and the decision you choose !!! :sunshine:

SEMO

Good luck to you on your transition. :) Sorry to hear the decision resulted from a setback.