Forgive So God Can Forgive You!

ClassicChic

(Sharing email's that I have received. I know that many of us are battling with forgiveness, myself included. This is something I pray about daily.)

Get Right and Forgive So God Can Forgive You!

Today’s Scripture Reading: Mark 11:22–26

Key Verse: Mark 11:25–26
"Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Do you have spiritual common sense? So many saints are so “deep” that they miss the blessings of God. They are so blind to the common-sense things of God that they actually hinder the move of the Holy Spirit.

Forgiveness is one of those common-sense things that some of the “deep” folks just pass over, but according to God forgiveness is not a suggestion. It is an absolute requirement. It is so important to the kingdom that God says you had better not be angry or unforgiving toward anyone when you pray or He simply will not hear you. You can forget about receiving forgiveness if you are not willing to forgive others.

When I read through Mark 11, I notice that God did not put a “Yeah, but” in those verses. It does not seem fair if your daddy molested you or your mama abused you physically and mentally, but forgiveness is not about fairness. This divine requirement is about your health and well-being, and it is about the well-being of God’s family.

God wants you to forgive others so you can get off the hook, not those who harmed, misused, abused, or offended you. As long as you harbor unforgiveness, you are, in essence, handing your tormentor the end of the chain that is wrapped around your heart. When you forgive, you snap every link that gives that person (and the memories of what happened) the power to harm you. It also releases God’s forgiveness to flood through your own life.

Finally, unforgiveness is one of the most deadly doorways for the devil. It provides a legal foothold in your life for Satan and his imps to harass and oppress you (see Eph. 4:26–27; Heb. 12:15; James 5:9). Unforgiveness will shorten your life and rob you of untold blessings. The person who hurt you probably will not even lose one night’s sleep, so who is really being hurt by your unforgiveness?

The cost is too high for you to cling to your grudge even one more day! Get right and forgive so that God can forgive you! Now that sounds like spiritual common sense. Pray with me:

Today's Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I choose to forgive and release each person who has hurt, harmed, or threatened me. I release them to You, and I ask You to release me from my sins and failures today.

In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Highly Favored8

(Sharing email's that I have received. I know that many of us are battling with forgiveness, myself included. This is something I pray about daily.)

Get Right and Forgive So God Can Forgive You!

Today’s Scripture Reading: Mark 11:22–26

Key Verse: Mark 11:25–26
"Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Do you have spiritual common sense? So many saints are so “deep” that they miss the blessings of God. They are so blind to the common-sense things of God that they actually hinder the move of the Holy Spirit.

Forgiveness is one of those common-sense things that some of the “deep” folks just pass over, but according to God forgiveness is not a suggestion. It is an absolute requirement. It is so important to the kingdom that God says you had better not be angry or unforgiving toward anyone when you pray or He simply will not hear you. You can forget about receiving forgiveness if you are not willing to forgive others.

When I read through Mark 11, I notice that God did not put a “Yeah, but” in those verses. It does not seem fair if your daddy molested you or your mama abused you physically and mentally, but forgiveness is not about fairness. This divine requirement is about your health and well-being, and it is about the well-being of God’s family.

God wants you to forgive others so you can get off the hook, not those who harmed, misused, abused, or offended you. As long as you harbor unforgiveness, you are, in essence, handing your tormentor the end of the chain that is wrapped around your heart. When you forgive, you snap every link that gives that person (and the memories of what happened) the power to harm you. It also releases God’s forgiveness to flood through your own life.

Finally, unforgiveness is one of the most deadly doorways for the devil. It provides a legal foothold in your life for Satan and his imps to harass and oppress you (see Eph. 4:26–27; Heb. 12:15; James 5:9). Unforgiveness will shorten your life and rob you of untold blessings. The person who hurt you probably will not even lose one night’s sleep, so who is really being hurt by your unforgiveness?

The cost is too high for you to cling to your grudge even one more day! Get right and forgive so that God can forgive you! Now that sounds like spiritual common sense. Pray with me:

Today's Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I choose to forgive and release each person who has hurt, harmed, or threatened me. I release them to You, and I ask You to release me from my sins and failures today.

In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Thank you so much you have blessed me with this! In Jesus name Amen!