Formula Heat Styler

Khaiya

brownbean96

Sorry OP, I don't have any experience with nor have I ever heard of the product but wanted to stop in to read any posted reviews. It all sounds intersting and great except for the Bolded. That would probably keep me away.

Info from the website:
The Formula is intended for natural-to-straight styling
(via flat iron, hot comb, or curling iron).
Prolongs straight styles during humid weather.
Protects hair and facilitates growth.
Significantly cuts styling time.
Heat activated conditioners seal and protect each strand.
Continued use of The Formula-Heat Styler (TM) may change your natural growth to a straighter, less curly texture.
Leaves hair soft, silky, and shiny.
Maintains your straight style until your next shampooing.
Great for your transition from permed to naturally
heat-styled hair.
The Formula is a very concentrated solution

Khaiya

Brownbean i dont think it would be the formula specifically that would cause straightening over time, more likely heat damage, especially since they recommend you use 450 degrees and do a touchup every few days. Or maybe their just referring to heat training? I dont think it's the formula itself though.

Last edited:

brownbean96

Could be but I would think they're referring to the product. I've used several straighetning creams, serums and I've never known of one to advertise that it could lead to perm straight hair/looser texture over time. And I HOPE they wouldn't be saying that your hair would lose it's texture due to heat damage - if so, what's the purpose of using the product if it's not protecting your hair or aiding in getting it straight (if it's heat damage then that would mean to me that the heat/450 is getting your hair straight - not the product.

Brownbean i dont think it would be the formula specifically that would cause straightening over time, more likely heat damage, especially since they recommend you use 450 degrees and do a touchup every few days. Or maybe their just referring to heat training? I dont think it's the formula itself though.

Khaiya

^I see your point, i guess we'd have to see the ingredients to see what its all about and so far i haven't seen any. They've only said that its a blend of all natural stuff but i dont know.

Nina_S

Actually, a co-worker is friends with the couple that formulated the Heat Styler and she had given me a bottle last week. I used it this weekend - using my regular Chi silk infusium throughout the majority of my hair and the heat styler on a small section on the side. With one pass with the flatiron I noticed a difference in the straightness - the heat styler made my hair straighter. It also rain this morning and my hair has no frizz where it was applied. I think it is a great product if your goal is straight hair, not if you want the versatility of reversion.
The ingredients are not listed on the bottle or on the website.
The stylist that I am currently going for presses has also formulated her own "heat styler".

Khaiya

Thanks Nina S, so it prevents your hair from reverting for a very long time?

Buttafly they have a facebook page u can check out.

Jazala

Actually, a co-worker is friends with the couple that formulated the Heat Styler and she had given me a bottle last week. I used it this weekend - using my regular Chi silk infusium throughout the majority of my hair and the heat styler on a small section on the side. With one pass with the flatiron I noticed a difference in the straightness - the heat styler made my hair straighter. It also rain this morning and my hair has no frizz where it was applied. I think it is a great product if your goal is straight hair, not if you want the versatility of reversion.
The ingredients are not listed on the bottle or on the website.
The stylist that I am currently going for presses has also formulated her own "heat styler".

I'm going to need to know what's in it! lol My guess would be a cone mixture similar to Sabino.

keelioness

I just wrote them on Facebook

Me:Does the Formula contain formaldehyde?
8 minutes ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (3)Hide Feedback (3) · FlagThe Formula-Heat Styler ABSOLUTELY NOT! There are no harsh or dangerous chemicals in The FORMULA! Thanks!
2 minutes ago · Me: thanx
2 minutes ago .The Formula-Heat Styler The FORMULA contains silicone, pecan and aloe oils, UV protectants, and natural protectants. :)
a few seconds ago ·