Fotki Album Alternatives & Reviews? Premium price has raised...Please list alt sites

BBabe

Hey All,
I'm trying to start a thread where we list available Photo Album/Journal sites. I like Fotki, but they have raised the price to $50/yr, which I feel is just too steep.
So I'm hoping we could share some alternatives and opinions on good sites out there. I'm looking into textamerica.com, as ref by *Dee*. It has unlimited space and a journal - only problem is that it is public, but that site has so much other stuff going on I doubt anyone would care about our hair thang lol.

Cinnabuns

This is a really good question. I've always wanted a hair album and I think that I may go with yahoo. :)

esoterica

Re: Fotki Album Alternatives & Reviews? Premium price has raised...Please list alt si

I bought 2 years of premium membership while it was on sale for $25/yr. So far i have no problems and no regrets. The unlimited space is definitely a bonus! Plus the security of password protected folders.

amy1234

flickr.com, and pbase.com. I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when my fotki expires...I'll probably just start up a free fotki account. If you compress your pics then you should be able to upload more pictures in a free account.

**I haven't been on textamerica in a while...gonna see if anything has changed :sekret:

Last edited:

BBabe

So Dee, you haven't been using textamerica?
I've totally maxed out my space w/ fotki, I thought my pics were small but I guess not. I'm not sure how to compress them, and am not sure I want to keep starting new albums everytime the space maxes out...

amy1234

actually I just started up a new account, that site is so addictive! I'm going to try it out again and see how much I like it.

Last edited:

Victorian

old head
Y'all do know about the unlimited space gallery and personal journals available right here in good ol' LHCF, right? :lol: You have to be an LHCF member to view the pictures and you can make your journal private or public, or choose to have particular entries private. And it's all part of your $5 per year membership :grin:

Of course I do know that some share pics elsewhere or have non-hair related pics that they want to share at an external site. I have my pics at fotobay.com. They give you 50mb for the free version and 200mb for the paid version. The only difference between the free and paid versions is the amount of space. You can put passwords on your albums and they have cute little flash animations you can use to decorate your pictures. It's kind of addictive, actually :lol: It's sort of a new site and I know they are working on more features and stuff (I emailed them feedback and they said they are already working on some of the things I suggested--nice people, by the way).

lovelymissyoli

Re: Fotki Album Alternatives & Reviews? Premium price has raised...Please list alt si

BlackCardinal said:
They give you 50mb for the free version and 200mb for the paid version. The only difference between the free and paid versions is the amount of space. You can put passwords on your albums and they have cute little flash animations you can use to decorate your pictures.

Do they also allow journals and comments?

Victorian

old head

lovelymissyoli said:

Do they also allow journals and comments?

No. But guestbooks/comments is something I suggested. Maybe they'll add it soon.

Victorian

old head
foxybrownsugar said:
JUST CURIOUS, ON OTHER FORUMS I SEE LADIES CAN ADD PICS TO THEIR JOURNALS. IS THAT POSSIBLE HERE?

I just tested putting an image in an entry and it just showed a clickable url. So it doesn't seem to post the actual picture.

Victorian

old head
WAIT!!!
I just tried it again using a picture that was in the LHCF gallery (the first time I tried I used a picture from my other album) and it DID work!
So if you upload your pics in the LHCF gallery you can place them directly into your journal :yep:

I never even thought about trying that before... :scratchch

L

lkg4healthyhair

www.Picturetrail.com

www.photobucket.com

These are free and can hold many pics and you can make it password protected.