Fotki Braid Tutorial

Armyqt

Ok ladies, I've uploaded some new pics outlining how I care for my daughters hair and her regimen. I've also documented by photos and by video, step by step how I add the extension hair to the ends of her hair when I braid it.

I put this together because I've received several questions from many of our members on how I care for her hair and how I add the braids. I did add a video in my Fotki as well, but the quality isn't really that clear. The original video (much clearer) is on You Tube at this address. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqL-uMrlXaM

And the tutorial pics are located in my album under My lil One. PSWD: armyqt. Hope this helps. :)

Aveena

What a great tutorial!!! I never thought of doing something like that. I don't have a daughter but I'll share this idea with my sister who does..

H

honey_jammz82

You did a great job, her hair is too cute, I need to find a lil girl to practice on, lol!

P

patient1

I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure it's great. Whenever I've seen pics of your little one's hair it's always looked fabulous. And she's a stunning little beauty for sure!! (Just like Mommy :)

p1

ms*x

this is fantastic! i have 4 daughters that i have to work with, so any advice is welcome this way...say, where did you get your mastex dryer and amla oil?

Armyqt

patient1 said:
I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure it's great. Whenever I've seen pics of your little one's hair it's always looked fabulous. And she's a stunning little beauty for sure!! (Just like Mommy :)

p1

Thanks Patient1. You've got some serious skills as well. I wish you would do a tutorial on how you do your braids. They look awesome. :)

Armyqt

from36to38 said:
this is fantastic! i have 4 daughters that i have to work with, so any advice is welcome this way...say, where did you get your mastex dryer and amla oil?

I've had the mastex cap for about 4 years now. I don't remember where I got it from. The amlla oil I got at a local Indian Bazaar. It really works well to soften the hair.

P

patient1

Armyqt said:
Thanks Patient1. You've got some serious skills as well. I wish you would do a tutorial on how you do your braids. They look awesome. :)

I'm gonna have to work on that!! By the way, I looked at your album and her hair looks absolutely gorgeous. I didn't see your section on adding hair and the youtube video was set to private. I spent my time just smiling at your beautiful kids. It always amazes me how much they look like one another and how easy it is to see your face on their face.

p1

Armyqt

SweetCaramel1 said:
ok. i just checked out the pics and now i understand. i'm gonna try it on weds. :D

GREAT!! Please pics when you do. I hope this helps to encourage moms to not relax our babies so young. :)

Armyqt

patient1 said:
I'm gonna have to work on that!! By the way, I looked at your album and her hair looks absolutely gorgeous. I didn't see your section on adding hair and the youtube video was set to private. I spent my time just smiling at your beautiful kids. It always amazes me how much they look like one another and how easy it is to see your face on their face.

p1

Awesome, I really want to try those twists in your album.

Isn't it amazing how much my kids look like me? I have some strong genes :D

P

patient1

Armyqt said:
Awesome, I really want to try those twists in your album.

Isn't it amazing how much my kids look like me? I have some strong genes :D

Yep. I like to think I do too. Those twists aren't hard once you get the hang of it. I sent someone the link to a place that explains it and shows it visually the best. I believe it's www.doctoredlocks.com. A white woman (in Europe?) demos everything under the sun. I wish I had stumbled upon her site back when I was just learning. It's not in video, but it provides a good visual. If you can braid you can do those too. It's just a matter of getting your hands coordinated and getting the swing of it.

p1