Found a great product at Trader Joes 4 the West coast product junkies!

Dogmd

Hola... /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Trader Joes sells a product line called "Nourish Spa"!
It is a Balanced Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner that sells for $1.99 each. Both are enriched with Organic Botanicals and the Shampoo is Sodium laurel/ laureth sulfate free for those of you who are worried about that.

Ingredients.. Shampoo

Purified water, Organic Rosemary oil, Organic Valencia Orange Citrus, Organic Mango, Organic lemongrass, Organic Gingko Biloba, Organic Echinacea, Organic Willow Bark, Organic Sea Kelp, Organic Chamomille Flower, Organic Texurized Soy Protein, Organic Lavender, Organic Grapefruit, C14-C16 Olefin Sulonate, cocamidoproply Betaine, Vitamin E, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, sea salt, Botanical Fragrance.

Ingredients: Conditioner

Purified water, Organic Rosemary oil, Organic Valencia Orange Citrus, Organic Mango, Organic lemongrass, Organic Gingko Biloba, Organic Echinacea, Organic Willow Bark, Organic Sea Kelp, Organic Chamomille Flower, Organic Texurized Soy Protein, Organic Lavender, Organic Grapefruit Citrus, Vitamin E, Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alchohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Botanical Fragrance.

I use the shampoo and conditioner 4-5 x weekly - and so far over the last 30 days.. I have not experienced any dryness.
Normally Trader Joes is known for finding awesome products and the way they can keep the price so low is that they use their own label. So this could possibly be a very expensive salon shampoo and conditioner... But Trader Joes will never tell! The Ingredients are in good combination and they are organic and cheap!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I am a /images/graemlins/newbie.gifand I have 4a/b relaxed hair. Hope you all can find this stuff. I was so excited when I found it!
/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Cowgirl

HMMMM. I'll have to see what's on their beauty products shelf. I just left there today stocking up on my Mixed Nuts w/ Cranberries. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Didn't think to check the hair products. /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

jerseyjill

Welcome Dogmd,
Thanks for the post. But now I've got to spank you! Trying to keep the goods for your West Coast sisters!!
Ok, Missy, we have Trader Joes on the East side too.
We have about three in NJ. I'm warming the car up now!!!

JJ

Queenie

Oooo, I might check those out the next time I go grocery shopping there, $1.99 is not joke. I looooove that store.

Yeah Dogmd, Trader Joes is all over the place now.

Divastate

Oh how I miss my Trader Joe's- its the only thing I miss about Seattle. I'll have to search this stuff out when I return for a visit. I used to love the TJ Rosemary Mint Shampoo and conditioner (its also SLS/SLES free).

lierin

I love Trader Joe's beauty products. Whenever I'm in Cali I stock up on their body creme which is the bomb and is only about $2.99 per bottle. I read that they were considering opening a store in Atlanta next year..I sure hope they do..this store is great and only sells organic/natural products.

Dogmd

[ QUOTE ]
Oooo, I might check those out the next time I go grocery shopping there, $1.99 is not joke. I looooove that store.

Yeah Dogmd, Trader Joes is all over the place now.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/clap.gifYaah... I am glad you guys are able to find a trader joes near you! As you can tell.. I haven't been traveling lately.

jerseyjill

OH it got worst!! I went in for the shampoo ($2.49) and came out with a lot of groceries - and no shampoo!!!! This is terrible! LOL!

Dogmd

Call me crazy, but I just went to Whole Foods to buy my baby some organic baby food... and I wanted to check out the Giovani Direct Leave-in to check out the ingredients and to see what everyone is raving about. I swear this stuff looks and smells exactly like this TJ Spa version. Can someone post the ingredients for the Giovani Direct. I wonder if they sell leftover product as generic to Trader Joes like alot of big companies do?

I am really curious.. I am in the store with the open bottle sniffing away and that was the very first thought that came into my mind. I know TJ version has parabens and Giovani does not, but you never know???

glamazon386

Wow I always drive past one in a shopping center on my way to Target but I had no clue what they sold. Gotta go check them out now! Thanks ladies!

Teacake

Thanks for the info. :)

I've bought some nice Trader Joe's citrus body wash from there. I also got some Dr. Bronner's pepermint bar soap, and Trader Joe's aloe vera bar soaps. I love that place. :)

Cheleigh

Someone on another board said that TJ Nourish Spa Condish is a dupe for Giovanni 50/50 condish.

I started using the TJ Nourish this week, and I can use it as a stand alone condish. I really like it--can't beat for the price either.

Dogmd

Cheleigh said:
Someone on another board said that TJ Nourish Spa Condish is a dupe for Giovanni 50/50 condish.

I started using the TJ Nourish this week, and I can use it as a stand alone condish. I really like it--can't beat for the price either.

Thanks Cheleigh.... I knew I wasn't crazy...It is good to know that it can be used as a stand alone conditioner. Now to go check out the Giovani 50/50 conditioner and compare ingredients. Noursh Spa is very good organic conditioner.. especially for $1.99 .

carameldiva

I love Trader Joes- i love their TJ liquid castile soap(peppermint), refresh hair conditioner, Essential hair conditioner, purify grapefruit body scrub and udderly smooth udder cream(great for the skin)- their products are great.

Divine Inspiration

Dogmd, which TJ did you go to? I usually go to the one in Sherman Oaks or Studio City. I don't recall seeing this line, but I'll keep an eye out for it next time I go. :)

Dogmd

Divine Inspiration said:
Dogmd, which TJ did you go to? I usually go to the one in Sherman Oaks or Studio City. I don't recall seeing this line, but I'll keep an eye out for it next time I go. :)

Hi Divine Inspiration..

I live in Marina Del Rey... So I usually go to the one in Westchester on the way to work by the LAX airport. Its right next to Mervyns. ( Manchester and Sepulveda) . The product sells pretty fast.. I have been in there many times and they have been out of it!!

Dogmd

I love TJ's....I buy the 2 buck chuck (good wine)...
now I love the 2 buck hair stuff!! Happy Easter everyone!!

BrownBetty

MissVee said:
I think 16.

I have a bottle at home, I'll look and make sure. It smells fabulous and the poo doesn't have sls.

The poo is okay, nothing to rave about but the conditioner is the bomb! Very mositurizing!

grnidmonster

I am all over this like a cheap sweater. TJs is my hangout, especially when I make that "no spending money" promise to my husband--hee,hee:lachen:

P

patient1

When I leave L.A. TJ's is one place I'll miss...esp. good ole' C. Shaw.

~p1