Found a Hair Stylist Today!!

Armyqt

There's a girl in my class with a very healthy head of hair. I complimented her on her hair and asked her who her hair stylist was. She gave me the name and number and I called and went in to meet with her.

First thing I noticed is that her hair was very healthy and swinging! We talked for about 30 mins. I was impressed. She uses Design essentials and Affirm. She is very knowledgeable about hair care too (a definite plus). I discussed all my concerns and she addressed them all in a most positive manner. She does apply the relaxer in the most resistant areas first, does protein/moisturizing conditioner immediately after and will do a roller wrap as I requested. She knew all about the benefits of hot oil treatments, protein for breakage and following up with moisture. I'm gonna go in next week to get a wash and set. When I'm ready for a relaxer, in a month or so, she will be doing it for me. She didn't mind all my questions at all. She actually seemed to enjoy discussing hair with me. She said she likes to teach her clients to care for their hair. Oh and no mystery products either. She lets everyone see EXACTLY what she's putting on their hair. I'll post a follow-up next week.

ThatChick

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Armyqt said:
There's a girl in my class with a very healthy head of hair. I complimented her on her hair and asked her who her hair stylist was. She gave me the name and number and I called and went in to meet with her.

First thing I noticed is that her hair was very healthy and swinging! We talked for about 30 mins. I was impressed. She uses Design essentials and Affirm. She is very knowledgeable about hair care too (a definite plus). I discussed all my concerns and she addressed them all in a most positive manner. She does apply the relaxer in the most resistant areas first, does protein/moisturizing conditioner immediately after and will do a roller wrap as I requested. She knew all about the benefits of hot oil treatments, protein for breakage and following up with moisture. I'm gonna go in next week to get a wash and set. When I'm ready for a relaxer, in a month or so, she will be doing it for me. She didn't mind all my questions at all. She actually seemed to enjoy discussing hair with me. She said she likes to teach her clients to care for their hair. Oh and no mystery products either. She lets everyone see EXACTLY what she's putting on their hair. I'll post a follow-up next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good please tell me you are in Chicago so I can get a referral /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

<font color="blue">ArmyQT,

It sounds like you've found the perfect hairdresser! Now tell me she does miniscule trims and only when asked! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amethyst

I'm so happy for you Armyqt! We all know that trying to find a good hairstylist is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The search can get downright crazy /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I hope this works out for you. She sounds like a winner /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amethyst

Armyqt

Sounds good please tell me you are in Chicago so I can get a referral

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I live in Georgia /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

As far as trims, I didn't even discuss it with her. I'm not that excited to be talking about anyone coming near my hair with scissors. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I'll have to see her do another trim first. One thing my classmate did say, was that once she wanted her hair cut and the stylist really didn't want to do it, becuase her hair was growing so nicely.That's a good sign.
I don't know if I'm gonna post any pics after the wash and set just yet. I didn't plan on posting any until my relaxer. We'll see. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I will definitley post a followup though.

LondonDiva

Crysdon said:
I'm happy for you. Now don't forget to post pics after your first appointment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lucky thing. Good stylists are like good men, so hard to find /images/graemlins/smile.gif yes you must posts pics afterwards, now that you've peaked interest with this fantastic stylist.

T

Tee

That's great, Armyqt! Maybe some of your luck will rub off on me! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ennyaa

YAY YAY YAY!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm moving to Atlanta. I will be in my new apartmetn March 1st and I was STRESSING about where I was gonna find a decent stylist. /images/graemlins/whyme.gif What part of GA are you in?

Armyqt

Enyaa, I'm in Columbus. It's about an 90 min away from the ATL. I don't think you'll need to come here though to find a good stylist. Atlanta has so many to choose from. I bet they even have Dominican stylists too! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ennyaa

*sigh* I really hope so. The owner of my current salon recommended a woman named Carol Merrill (not sure about spelling) so maybe I'll go check her out once I get there. She's prolly expensive though. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

If anybody can recommend a good Domincan salon in Atlanta (preferably near the Vinings area in Cobb County) I'd really appreciate it.

Armyqt

Enyaa, Sweet C posted this under the Salon Review Discussion:

I go to a Dominican Salon called Lillie's in Gwinett County. U would take I-85N to exit 99 (Jimmy Carter Blvd), make a right on the exit, and the salon is located in a small shopping center after the second light (u would turn at the center where u see the DUI school). Good luck

Sweet C

[/ QUOTE ]

The next time I'm down there, I'm gonna go by and check out the place. See what products they use, their techniques and maybe even a wash and set.