Fox 5 News this morning on black hair products.

Anyone catch it?

As usual I was just about to walk out the door when it came on. It was a 'story' on how the afro is making a come back. They had in the studio a model with a natural hair afro and a stylist from Eedris Salon. (why does this salon sound so familiar?
confused.gif
)

Anyway the product recs from the stylist were all on the table and they were:

Aestelance (a line I'd been hunting down forever since I've had it used on me for deep conditioning after touch ups at the salon. Its not easy to find but of course I have it now though ).

Kerastase

Motions CPR

ORS Hair Mayo

Protectiv (sp?) Hair Ends product

These were all highly recommended by the stylist as being the best or some of the best things to use for African American hair.

Just thought I'd share.

This is BRH, reporting from her laptop while sitting at the kitchen table
laugh.gif

Back to you.
look.gif
look.gif

interesting-too bad i missed it. i always get nervous when FOX does black hair stuff cause everytime they do weaves, hair pieces and braid extentions the reaction from the fellow news people aren't that great

[ QUOTE ]
FineChyna said:
interesting-too bad i missed it. i always get nervous when FOX does black hair stuff cause everytime they do weaves, hair pieces and braid extentions the reaction from the fellow news people aren't that great

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually find the Fox 5 morning staff to be a hoot. When showing the girl with the afro they cut to the anchor man who was wearing a HUGE white afro wig with a deadpan expression. I cracked up.

Thanx for the info. I have never heard of Aestelance. Is that a dominican product? If so, I bet it would be hard to find down here.

the old cast would make faces when the subject of black women wearing extension would be brought up, they acted like it was so nasty and dirty. this happened like 5-6 years ago, and i remember it well cause i saw it before i went to school. it was awful. then when they had a segment about white ladies wearing wigs and hair pieces everyone was cool with it. yeah i really disliked the old cast. i think they are on channel 11 now

[ QUOTE ]
Protectiv (sp?) Hair Ends product

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean Profectiv Healthy Ends? If so, I absolutely love this product.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:
Thanx for the info. I have never heard of Aestelance. Is that a dominican product? If so, I bet it would be hard to find down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not Dominican. It says on the back: Made in the USA. Inestra, Inc Dobbs Ferry NY tel 800 790 1998. Its expensive: I paid approx $18 for a 4 fl oz size. I'm trying it (for the first time) this Friday.

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not Dominican. It says on the back: Made in the USA. Inestra, Inc Dobbs Ferry NY tel 800 790 1998. Its expensive: I paid approx $18 for a 4 fl oz size. I'm trying it (for the first time) this Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, when you try it let us know what you think of it. Then maybe I may begin the quest to track down this elusive product. I searched the internet, and didn't really come up with much.

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
[ QUOTE ]
tracyannette said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please let us know !! Did you find it someplace without having to have it shipped. I only found it on online sites. The salon name is fmailiar because Mrs Kenesha posted an article about the salon.

I got it from a hair salon on broadway around19th st? I've also seen it at another salon just off union square. These are the only 2 places so far I've ever seen it. Apart from my hairdresser but its not for sale there.

Will def. report back on what I think of it.

[ QUOTE ]
The salon name is fmailiar because Mrs Kenesha posted an article about the salon.

[/ QUOTE ] The article is still on my website in case anyone missed it.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
The salon name is fmailiar because Mrs Kenesha posted an article about the salon.

[/ QUOTE ] The article is still on my website in case anyone missed it.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OH MY! What a small world! Thanks Kenesha for the link. Edris did my big chop in 96 and texturizers when I lived in NY and she was at Warren Tricomi. She once gave me an Aestelance product once but it did nothing. I think it had aloe in it and was green (I gave it away). Even after I moved away I would fly back to her to get hair done. It grew out from a TWA very nicely; I would get touch ups about every 4 months and she'd trim it every other appt. (8 months).

I stopped going to her in 1999 when she switched relaxers and didn't tell me. My hair got really hard all over and she insisted it was my highlights. When I emailed her asking if she used the same relaxer, she replied that she used the "same revlon". I emailed her saying that's not what she'd been using and she never replied. Although I don't like the way she handled my situation, I'm glad she has her own salon now. Actually she inspired me to do hair because she could do so many hairtypes.

She initially used Hawaiian Silky regular for 7 mins, which is why I have stayed with this brand but switched to mild.

[ QUOTE ]
ORS Hair Mayo

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this made it to TV, I better take it off the shelf dust off the top and give it another whirl..

I find it impossible to find in Canada but I have seen it in lots of salons throughout Europe.
I don't know about the US though.Some ladies on the board from the US use it I think...maybe they can help you with that.

[ QUOTE ]
brwnskingirl said:
In any beauty suppy? thanks katie

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Katie, but this link might help: Kerastase Signing up is free and then you can get 15% off most products there. Just look on the left of the web page, where the blue side bar is located, you will find Kerastase listed among the alphabetized items.

brownrelaxedhair said:
I got it from a hair salon on broadway around19th st? I've also seen it at another salon just off union square. These are the only 2 places so far I've ever seen it. Apart from my hairdresser but its not for sale there.

Will def. report back on what I think of it.
Do you still use this product? If so, how does it work or are there comparable products? Thanks.

Back