Product Overload: fine haired girls beware....

vevster

I am just back from the Domincan salon where I just had a wash and set.

I had taken shampure and the ORS hair mayo with me.

The stylist had to shampoo after the hair mayo was rinsed cause she said it was too greasy for my hair...

I really have to chill out. For me the least amt of products works best. I'll focus on preshampoo treatments more now... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dandy112

I am with you about the fine hair and product overload. I am beginning to notice that I can not use to much oil in my hair because it is fine and weighs it down, so far doing a hot oil treatment on damp hair has worked pretty good, now I have to find a moisturizer that I can use on a daily basis that is not to heavy. Any suggestions?

NayNay

U know though at the DR salons they really pile the product in when they wash and condition. I have thicker coarser hair and have noticed that I can't take as much product as I use to slap in there! Hopefully this is a sign that my hair is getting healthier. I am going to start using dime size amounts and increase from there when adding products to the hair.

vevster

I find the Aveda Humectant is really light and doesn't weigh my hair down....it just provides moisture...
HTH!

Miss Montserrat

I have to agree with the Vevster. I used the ORS hair mayo a couple months back and I too had to shampoo it out of my hair. It was like a paste and it left a dulling film on my fine hair. I was surprised to see that so many people like this product. I suppose its better for thicker hair.

To Dandy112, If your looking for a moisturizer for fine hair that wont make it feel greasy, try Profectiv's Leave In Strenghther. Someone with ultra fine hair reccommended it to me and I think it works really well...especially at night when applied to the new growth.

G

I have to agree about the ORS mayo. I had to stop using it because it was making my hair sticky. It left a film on it. Does anyone know if there carrot oil is good for moisturizing fine hair??

sweetcocoa

I never leave it in. IMO it's one of the few conditioners that I actually follow the directions and rinse it out.

vevster

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have to agree about the ORS mayo. I had to stop using it because it was making my hair sticky

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad that the girl doing my hair today knew what she was doing! Or else I would have some limp *ss hair!

Being fine haired too, I have noticed that the less I use on me the better the hair looks. I knew that from when Marceea had to have my hair shampooed around 6 x (no joke) on one visit some time ago. I had a build up of oils/Mimosa Hair Honey from Carols Daughter (stopped using this stuff) etc....

Afterwards my hair was ultra light, completely separated, smooth but moisturized and shining. Definitely the less used the better.

I'm off to the Dominican salon now and will use shampoo, Moisturefuse and a little sebastian leave in. That's it. I've found these salons leave my hair feeling much lighter and bouncier than when I do it at home and get tempted to add too many things.

daviine

Thanks for the info vevster. As I type this, I have QH cholesterol mixed with Mizani Moistur fuse and honey together. I hope it comes out okay. I just couldn't decide on whether to use the QH choleterol and honey or the Moisturefuse with olive oil. I decide to combine them all but when I read your post,. I took out the olive oil.

I'm going to have to do some serious scientific experimenting becasue I really love the shine I get with honey and QH but I really love Moisturefuse as well. I'm going to see how little I can put in and still get results. I've wanted to try honey with Moisturefuse as well. I love the consistency of QH cholesterol and I've even tried it with Moisturefuse together. Perhaps I'll just have to start washing my hair more frequently just so I can use both of the conditioners equally.

At least, I can scratch the ORS back off of my To-Try list.