FREE Miss Jessie's Samples!

Received my samples (Curly meringue, curly butter creme, and super sweetback treatment) I will post my thoughts after I use them.

SmilingElephant said:
I found it odd that they would send a gift bag in a envelope:look:...in the mail:look:

I'm jus sayin.

What am i supposed to DO with it?

:lol:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking the bag was odd :/

I found it odd that they would send a gift bag in a envelope:look:...in the mail:look:

I'm jus sayin.

What am i supposed to DO with it?

:lol:

LOL, I wondered the same thing. I was like this isn't a reusable shopping bag, what do I do with it. I guess I can use it to "gift" the products I don't want from my CurlBox......... :look:

I signed up for the samples like 2 days ago..i hope i get it soon. As far as the bag goes, the next baby shower/house-warming im invited to i'll be putting it to use :lol: (waste not want not! :grin:)

thanks op, i just ordered the conditioner and the hair butter. can't wait to try and to do a product review

I got my samples today:
Baby butter cream
Curly Meringue
And Curly Butter cream
Talk aboout mineral oil and petroleum all up in thru here!

I got my samples today:
Baby butter cream
Curly Meringue
And Curly Butter cream
Talk aboout mineral oil and petroleum all up in thru here!

Got mine today and the bolded solidified the baby butter cream a place in my draw and probably never in my hair. My hair hates heavy sealants especially mineral oil. Might give the Creme de la creme and rapid recovery a try on those low staple products days.

I ordered both buttercremes and the merengue for when I stretch my relaxer. I can't see paying hella money for grease, but if they help me stretch, I might go on and fool with Miss Jessie.

I :look: really.... REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY LIKE the baby buttercream so far.... it does leave my hair coated so I don't like that... but oh muh gootnuh the twistout was the absolute business! Not sure what long term use would do...

BUT I think using this over moisturizer prior to braiding it up would be pretty awesome. I can't justify the price... BUT.... if the use of the sample packet is any indication... it would last a VERY long time. I still have over 1/2 a packet left with two applications. Once on entire length and once on the lower three inches of medium sized twists.

I don't itch which is a good thing. I actually like the smell too. It's a light scent. It doesn't pimp slap you repeatedly like a lot of products.... it just sort of .... caresses you gently. LOL :lol:

I liked all 3 of the MJ products that I tried last nite (so far). I wanted to see how all the products work together I started with the Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo...it really is good at detangling and tangles are my number one issue. Great slip...my fingers glides right thru my hair as I washed it.
I followed with the Super Sweetback Treatment which I combed thru with a wide tooth comb. It felt yummy on my hair and scalp; I used the whole pack for about an hour under a baggy (just because I was on the phone). When I washed this out, my hair was soft, detangled, feeling moisturized and it was stretched. My curls were hanging nicely on my shoulders.
So...I wanted to shingle but didn't know whether the sample was enough and I really didnt want to go to sleep on it so I did twists for a twist out with the curly pudding. Cant wait to untwist it. I didnt use any other products except to oil my scalp because I wanted to give an accurate review w/o any other product influencing the outcome. I had the longest, stretched twist ever...they were very nice; I didn't know my hair could look like twists. Almost made me wish I had did them neater to keep in instead of taking out immediately/ P.S. The smell gets better as it dries:grin: Pics to come!!!

BeautyGoesDutch said:
Oh yea she has on a shirt LOL Just to let you know

Why is she using the brush tho? You can easily put these products in with hands only. Are u sure that isn't shed hairs in the comb?

I haven't taken my twists out yet! It was so rainy today that I kept them in. I will take them out tomorrow am.

I just ordered mine!!! I got Curly Pudding, Curly Buttercreme, and Sweetback Treatment. I'm relaxed, but I want to see how the products help define my braidouts.

Just received my samples today. I have Super Sweetback Treatment, Curly Puddin and Baby Creme Butter. I'm kind of nervous to use them

I put the Miss Jessies Buttercreme on my dd's mini braids to curl the ends. It worked and I loved how soft her braids felt, but the smell was gross to me. It smells like some kind of household cleaner.
I also tried the Baby Buttercreme on her braids a couple of days later. This was way better. It didn't have an offensive smell and worked great. However, the first ingredients are water, petroleum, glycerin and mineral oil. While it worked great, I can't see spending big money, for something with those products in it.

I tried the curly buttercreme today only because I knew I was gonna cowash my hair tomorrow and I really think that this is something that I would use in the winter but I won't buy it, way too expensive for ok ingredients. I would just make up my own batch of grease with some castor oil, monoi butter, and some avocado butter with a few essential oils. It was nice to try, i loved the minty scent and I liked it as a heavy sealant. If it was much cheaper I would buy it for the cold months to seal with.

I got the curly merengue (spelling?) for wash & goes and the baby butter creme to try as a moisturizer. the smell of the baby butter creme is gross to me. Plus it just made my hair coated. I dont know why but I think the more I use natural products like DB, shescentit, hairveda etc. the more I realize I don't like all these mineral oil products. I'm not against cones/ mineral oil but 90% of the products with them make my hair feel coated.

I will try the curly merengue though during my next wash :)

P.S. I'm relaxed so maybe that makes a difference

I got the curly pudding, butter cream and curly meringue(sp?). I used the meringue on one corn row for my braid out and I must say that section is soft but not as defined as the other sections that I used my mousse on. I also used the butter cream and like other posters my hair felt coated but my new growth is very soft which is something I have not experienced in my transition. So I will have to see how it continues to work

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

This sucks! I wish I could try them but there is no shipping to P.O. adresses. :sad: :sad: so unfair!

Kn0ttyByNatur3 can you ask a friend to use their mailing address. WHen I was studying abroad i sent everything to my friends house. Then i would send her money to ship things to me. Much cheaper that way. Although she was judging me by my purchases. She was like your hair pills and growth concoctions came in the mail :look:

Every time I see this thread my brain drops off the word 'samples' and Im like .... why Miss Jessie got locked up for now ??? lolol

like every time ....

anyhoo carry on :cowgirl:

@Kn0ttyByNatur3 can you ask a friend to use their mailing address. WHen I was studying abroad i sent everything to my friends house. Then i would send her money to ship things to me. Much cheaper that way. Although she was judging me by my purchases. She was like your hair pills and growth concoctions came in the mail :look:

Hey!! That's not a bad idea! Thanks! :look:

Just my luck, seeing as most my friends know
one of my hobbies is hair. Now they will be judging me too by purposely using them for my hair fix. :lol::lol:

Back