From Texturized to Relaxed -- Advice Please

ravenmerlita

Has anyone gone from texturized to fully relaxed? If so, how did you do it? What relaxer did you use? How long between the last texturizer and the full relaxer? Did you take any special precautions?

Oh, and why did you move from texturized to relaxed?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated. :)

sweetpuff

Hello ravenmerlita!
( I saw your fotki, beautiful hair!)
When you say texturized, do you mean curly perm? the kind of chemical that demands of you to regularly hydrate your hair to maintain the curl definition and the moisture?
If so, it is strongly suggested NOT to put a relaxer after you texturized your hair sonce the chemicals are not the same in texturizers and in relaxers and it can cause breakage to your hair. either grow out your hair and start over or cut the texturized hair.
There was a thread on the I think not long ago.

This is the info I gathered. But if some people succeeded in fully relaxing after a texturizer, I'd also like to know. if there is a way to protect the part of the texturized hair that meets the relaxed hair, I definitely want to know.

Last edited:

ravenmerlita

Thanks Sweetpuff.

My hair is texturized with a lye relaxer that was left on for a few minutes. I've been thinking of going straighter and wonder if it will be very damaging to reapply the lye relaxer over all of my hair for a longer time.

Hope that makes sense.