Front of hair trouble...

xxxxcherishxxxx

Hey everyone...

I've had a problem for the past 3-4 years. I can't get my front part of my hair not the line but about 2 inches above top of ear is short, really short. The rest of my hair is almost APL but the front part can't even get to the bottom of my ears. Its like I have bangs or layers but I never had my hair cut this way. I had bangs when I was younger but ever since I guess 2003 or so my hair in the front won't grow to match the rest of my hair.

I have mad new growth in this area recently but wondering if anyone else is having a problem. My mom told me its because I use to wear nothing but my hair in a bun or pony so the hair is not growing its like permanent flyaways. Now I do not have spots or anything its thick hair but just doesn't grow in length. I will show you a pic of what I'm talking about (excuse my hair, I was DCing it and took the pic with a cellphone, my hair looks extremely raggady right now since its been 12 weeks since I last relaxed and I didn't come it). :eek:

What is everyone's opinion of what I should do. I started baggying at night my whole head and I'm doing an aphogee protein treatment tomorrow. I haven't trimmed my hair since like oct-nov of last year and have NEVER trimmed the short parts of my hair.

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0423070100qx8.jpg

Last edited:

tld723

I have the same problem, although I think mine is/was due to using a curling iron every day:eek: I have been much better about not using heat as much as I used to be, and I can definitely see an improvement. I have a mixture of types of hair on my head, and the front part is the most coarse and dry. Hope this helps
Tami:)

Last edited:

divinefavor

I have this same problem and I think it's been going on for a few years as well. It seems like the front is the weakest part of my hair. The front of my hair always have split ends. I'm not sure what to do about it though.

IMFOCSD

xxxxcherishxxxx said:
Hey everyone...

I've had a problem for the past 3-4 years. I can't get my front part of my hair not the line but about 2 inches above top of ear is short, really short. The rest of my hair is almost APL but the front part can't even get to the bottom of my ears. Its like I have bangs or layers but I never had my hair cut this way. I had bangs when I was younger but ever since I guess 2003 or so my hair in the front won't grow to match the rest of my hair.

I have mad new growth in this area recently but wondering if anyone else is having a problem. My mom told me its because I use to wear nothing but my hair in a bun or pony so the hair is not growing its like permanent flyaways. Now I do not have spots or anything its thick hair but just doesn't grow in length. I will show you a pic of what I'm talking about (excuse my hair, I was DCing it and took the pic with a cellphone, my hair looks extremely raggady right now since its been 12 weeks since I last relaxed and I didn't come it). :eek:

What is everyone's opinion of what I should do. I started baggying at night my whole head and I'm doing an aphogee protein treatment tomorrow. I haven't trimmed my hair since like oct-nov of last year and have NEVER trimmed the short parts of my hair.

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0423070100qx8.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0423070102hm9.jpg

This will def help your hair! ;)

xxxxcherishxxxx

anky said:
Do you use a brush? If you do, throw it away.

To be honest I used to use a hardcore brush, the paddle one without the handle. Hey I didn't know it was bad for my head:eek:. Now I use a 100 % (soft) boar bristle brush and ONLY use it too brush back the front when I wear a 3/4 wig. I do not wear one everyday and I started using this brush in Feb. Maybe that's why I have been seeing more growth in this area. Maybe it was the brush I was using for years. I'll keep up with using that brush (not everyday though) cause now I know synthetic brushes are bad for you.

Thanks.

xxxxcherishxxxx

sweetcoco said:
This will def help your hair! ;)

Yea I thought it would. I'm going to continue doing that and I'm in that 3 mth challenge so hopefully in 3 months I can see at least 2 inches of growth in that area.