Fruits and hair growth

kaytorry

Hello everybody,

I just came across an article written by Timi Komonibo regarding the benefits of fruits that are good for your hair. I thought I would share this information with everyone.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlr...are-good-for-your-hair-yes-avocado-is-a-fruit

If you don't feel like reading through the whole article, here are the main points of it:

1) Dark-colored fruits like plums and dark berries have nutrients called bioflavonoids that also act as antioxidants. Citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit have Vitamin C and antioxidants. Many of these fruits have antioxidants that help increase circulation to the scalp, which encourages hair growth.

2) Fruits like apples, apricots, peaches, bananas and watermelon are not only sweet, but are also hair-growth boosters. The secret ingredient in these fruits is the nutrient biotin. Biotin has been heralded as the natural growth steroids for hair and nails. Many people have used a biotin-fortified diet to combat hair loss. Studies suggests that biotin promotes hair growth and infuses strength and thickness into every strand.

3) The powerhouse fruit for hair health is the avocado. Avocados are rich in vitamin A and antioxidants. The fruit is a natural moisturizer that helps hair growth. Avocados are great food for damaged hair. On top of this, the avocado is a natural sunscreen. Add this fruit to a deep conditioner to make hair stronger, shiny and healthy. Avocado’s moisturizing essential fats make it an ideal fruit to use for hair repair. It leaves hair softer, more elastic and less prone to breakage.

This may be common knowledge to most of you, but I think it's benefical knowledge for newbies like myself.

Thanks for reading :yep:

Tiye

That's good information and confirms other info on this board. A lot of people take vitamin supplements for hair growth but the best way to get them is through food sources.

Mom23

Great information! Thanks for sharing. I have been adding more avocado to my salads and sandwiches.

Aireen

This is very encouraging! :yep: Sometimes we're so concerned about oils, conditioners, moisturizers, etc. that we forget it's what inside that makes the most impact.

Harina

Great article!!

Just a general note, pretty much if you eat a fair amount of wholefoods (whether veggies, fruits, or grains) on the daily, you're going to see an improvement in the health of your hair and skin.

ETA: That seems like a simple concept but I think we've been conditioned in the states at least to not eat healthy and eating fruits/veggies has become a foreign concept to many.

Last edited:

Lita

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not only does your hair & skin benefit your health TOO!

*I drink a glass of blended berries every day & at night I drink a glass of blended vegetables..Trying to stay as healthy as I can...(plenty water) power walk 3-4xs a week...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited: