Gel and touch-up

Nicole-27

Ladies I don't usually post but I have a question. I Just took out flat twists and now it's time for a touch-up. Do I need to wash my hair and wait to touch it up? Or can I perm my hair over the gel?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Just for safety sake, I would recommend u wash your hair and wait. It is better to be safe than sorry.;)

sereia

I wouldn´t recommend it. 1) You never know how the chemical will react with other (non-natural) substances and 2) you could risk underprocessing. It is best to relax hair that has been washed 2 or 3 days ago and (depending on your texture) straightened, preferably without any products. If you must relax now I would at least brush your hair thoroughly with a bristle brush and avoiding to touch your scalp.
HTH

Nicole-27

Thanks. I just picked up more shampoo and conditioner. So I'll be trying to tame the new growth until I can relax it again.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
that happened to me before when trying to smooth out my edges with gel. I got a touchup (with some gel still on my edges), and they came out underprocessed. I suggest washing your hair and after a couple days, do your touch-up. just make sure you don't apply anything to your newgrowth, such as gel, silicones, mineral oil/petroleum, etc which may block the relaxer from entering the hair strand.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
that happened to me before when trying to smooth out my edges with gel. I got a touchup (with some gel still on my edges), and they came out underprocessed. I suggest washing your hair and after a couple days, do your touch-up. just make sure you don't apply anything to your newgrowth, such as gel, silicones, mineral oil/petroleum, etc which may block the relaxer from entering the hair strand.