Gel issue

cookie1

I usually use Jam to hold my ponytails (love the shiny look) but, it's so greasy. I recently tried Fantasia IC thick hold and it makes my hair look dry and wavy. I have 4b relaxed hair and am looking for a gel that'll hold my ponys w/o giving it that dry look. I would like something shiny or natural looking (once it dries). I'm open to any suggestions...pretty please.

kandake

I usually use Jam to hold my ponytails (love the shiny look) but, it's so greasy. I recently tried Fantasia IC thick hold and it makes my hair look dry and wavy. I have 4b relaxed hair and am looking for a gel that'll hold my ponys w/o giving it that dry look. I would like something shiny or natural looking (once it dries). I'm open to any suggestions...pretty please.

Hairveda has a product called whipped gelly. The color and consistency reminds me of strawberry yogurt. It gives my hair the effect that you're looking for. shiny and slick. I usually put a scarf on after applying the product.

http://hairveda.com/moisture.aspx.

They have a sample size for under $3.00, which is great. The only thing is that you still have to pay for s/h. And it may take two weeks to get it.

lilsparkle825

aloe vera gelly never dries hard, but i still get amazing hold when i need to slick something down. lily of the desert is the brand.

qwnbee1

aloe vera gel, hands down...leaves your hair soft at the end of the day...

Dposh167

ecostyler gel u can get at the bss...qhemet has a gel as well that i use. Giovanni gel is okay.

cookie1

Hairveda has a product called whipped gelly. The color and consistency reminds me of strawberry yogurt. It gives my hair the effect that you're looking for. shiny and slick. I usually put a scarf on after applying the product.

http://hairveda.com/moisture.aspx.

They have a sample size for under $3.00, which is great. The only thing is that you still have to pay for s/h. And it may take two weeks to get it.

I do have this but my hair soaks it up.

naturalmanenyc

I use IC Fantasia and QP glaze. I have QP on my edges right now with a scarf since I am wearing a straight half wig later.

exoticmommie

Make your own mixture. I love my mixture!

Get you some aloe vera gel, and put it in a small tub, and add your favorite oils (I use avocado oil, macadamia oil, and olive oil) and whip it till it turns creamy. Start off with a little bit and just keep adding the oils until it is the consistency that you like.

ETA: For my daughters mixture I add a little Hawaiian silky. She is natural and her hair is real dry.

Last edited:

vkb247

Have you tried using a leave in/oil/butter/glycerin under the gel you have? You can even try adding some oil on top of the gel. That can eliminate dryness. I haven't tried Fantasia Thick Hold but Fantasia with Sparklelites gives great shine as is very moisturizing for me. It has aloe vera gel and glycerin in it.