Generic Pantene Products

inthepink

I've noticed the generic Pantene products at places like Target, Walmart, and Walgreens and I am getting curious about them. I'm trying to limit my hair care products expense as much as possible. I use a lot of generics around the house and I'm wondering if I can expand that over to haircare products to save some dough esp since Pantene seems to be the higher-end drugstore brand.

Has anyone tried any of the Pantene generics? Did you get similar or the same results as the Pantene product? Which store generic did you try and would you recommend it?

Crystena77

Generic Pantene Products?

Pantene is only $4 by me which is cheap for hair products.

How much is it? I'm interested...

inthepink

Yes, the $4 is "cheap" for hair products when you compare it to the $10 salon products. But, looking at the other brands in the drugstore, I've seen the the $4 pantene is usually $1 to $1.50 higher than the other products. Heck, I paid $4.67 for a bottle of Pantene leave-in at Walmart today which I tend to think is pricey for a drugstore brand. Worth it...but if I can pay less, then why not? Also, I use a LOT of conditioner!

I've seen the generics for about 2 bucks.

Crystena77

I feel ya, Pantene at the BSS is $6.

I meant at the supermarket the Pantene products are $4.

Hmmm... I might check out the Pantene generics when I go to Target this week. I now feel its my civic duty to buy them and write a review.

THANKS for giving me an excuse to shop!

steph

I tried generic pantene smooth and sleek, and it left my hair tangled and dry. I went right back the regular pantene, but you should see what works for you. You can not beat the price!

licutiexx

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
All 13.5 oz pantene products at target are 3 bucks this week so stock up!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's also $3 at Kmart.I think last week they had a buy 2 get $1 off coupon in the newsapaper

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
There are $1 off coupons at Eckerds until the end of Feb.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have that coupon but it seems like the drug store prices them so high that with the coupon it brings them down to the regular prices that Walmart has.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
True ayeshia...for those of us that don't have Walmarts near them....we have to settle for "psychological sales"!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. no walmart near your neck of the woods? Im sowwy

BLESSED1

I just used the old-school Pantene conditioner for dry & damaged hair for my conditioner wash last night and my hair felt like silk afterwards, I think I'm gonna use it from now on, it was the one with the red label on it.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
i have that coupon but it seems like the drug store prices them so high that with the coupon it brings them down to the regular prices that Walmart has.

[/ QUOTE ]
Walmart is considered a discount store. I do purchase a few of my hair care products there. Not many places (if any) can beat their prices on hair care goodies.

inthepink

I see that Osco/Albertson's has Pantene products on sale 2 for $6 till the 14th. I'm going to have to do a whole lot of washing to justify buying some conditioners! But, I will probably buy some leave-in since I run out of that practically every week!

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I see that Osco/Albertson's has Pantene products on sale 2 for $6 till the 14th. I'm going to have to do a whole lot of washing to justify buying some conditioners! But, I will probably buy some leave-in since I run out of that practically every week!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey hairlove...wait. if there's a walmart near you, they're only 2.85. When i went to target they wre all out so i went to walmart and they were cheaper than targets.

Cindy70

I tried the Walgreens version of Pantene Smooth and Sleek a few months ago and it left my hair very tangled.