Genetics and the hope of longer hair

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Since old thread got bumped I figure, why not?

most women with ethnic hair are just starting to learn what their hair can do, most of us have no clue what our "genetics" actually will allow for in terms of hair length.

My vote: let's learn about taking care of our hair first, let's see how long we can grow, and maybe in a few years time, we can talk (based on actual evidence) about genetics.

This is exactly my stance on the genetics arguement.

My hair was never past brushing the top of my shoulders until I found hair boards. Now my longest layer is a breath away from BSL.

My genetics haven't changed, but my approach to my hair has and the results speak for themselves.

crumbling_images

Folks just dont want to believe that there is a strong possibility that you may NOT have Waist length hair...EVER.

Why is that so hard to grasp?

THANK YOU. YOU'RE OH SO TRUE. I'VE BEEN CONDITIONED TO BELIEVE THAT WE ALL CAN GROW OUR HAIR WL ...VIA PROTECTIVE STYLES, DEEP CONDITIONING, PROTEIN/MOISTURE BALANCING, CO-WASHING, BAGGYING, NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS, ETC... ALL FOR WHAT? TRYING TO ACHIEVE SOME FANTASTICAL LENGTH THAT I'M NOT GENETICALLY PROGRAMMED TO HAVE? SURE, THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS ALL OVER THE FORUM. BUT WHAT IS THE NORM? I'M SORRY TO SAY. GENETICS IMHO IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO LONGER HAIR. ALL OF MY WHITE, ASIAN, LATINO, MIXED-RACE FRIENDS HAVE NO ISSUES ACHIEVING SL...I DO. THEY HAVE NO ISSUES ACHIEVING APL, BSL. I DO. THEY NORMALLY DON'T SWALLOW A FISTFULL OF HAIR GROWTH VITAMINS, SLEEP ON SATIN PILLOWS AND BAGGY THEIR ENDS. I DO. AGAIN, THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS AS SOME OF YOU CLEARLY KNOW. BUT AGAIN, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE NORM.