Getting a weave (Indique & Halleys Curls) how much will I need????

RedVelvet310

Me and my natural locks are not on talking terms right now, and before I do something crazy like poison her with relaxer, I just want to tuck her away for a bit and give each other some space :look:.

I'm looking at getting a sew-in done and after researching I have decided to get Indique hair and a Halley's Curls closure. I'm just unsure of how much I will need, I'm new to sew-ins. The hair is pretty expensive ($150 for 16"!!) and it doesn't specify on the site how much hair is in each pack, also keep in mind that I'm getting a closure (Large from Halleys curls) so I'm guessing I will need less? :perplexed I'm so confused here ladies, any advise would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

TIA!

Bri505

RedVelvet310

Not sure...Bumping for you. Hopefully Edise comes to the rescue.

I'm crossing my fingers! :yep: I'm looking into it right now and it looks like this can get really expensive. I was reading an older thread regarding how many ounces of hair one would need.

Another question thrown out there: Would 4 ounces of hair (one pack) and a large HC closure be enough for a full sew-in? I have a round/heart shaped face so I don't want it the hair to look too thin, but I would think 8 ounces of hair would just be wayyy too much.

jamaicalovely

I've used Indique and Halleys. 8oz should be fine. You may only install 6 or 7 oz depending on how full you want your hair.

Another question thrown out there: Would 4 ounces of hair (one pack) and a large HC closure be enough for a full sew-in? I have a round/heart shaped face so I don't want it the hair to look too thin, but I would think 8 ounces of hair would just be wayyy too much.

No, 4 ounces will not be enough, IMO. Go ahead and get the 8oz. It's always good to have the leftovers on hand anyway.

Also, I would be mindful of the HC Closure. It can be wiggy at times and the scalp is a little pale. Make sure to match against your skin before install. If it doesn't match well, then try to tea dye it.

One more thing, I understand Indique is expensive. I loved mine though. If you want the same look at a lower cost, try Laniks. http://lanikshair.com/

I have pics in my fotki under Weave folder.

Last edited:

RedVelvet310

Thank you thank you thank you! Yah I've come to understand that if I want a good looking straight style I'd have to get at LEAST 8oz :nono: definately not in my budget using Indique's I'll look into Laniks :grin:

Rain20

I think the silk closures from HC are ok but some had trouble with the lace closures. HC straight hair is supposed to be okay as well, which is little cheaper than Lanik's but the Lanik's is supposed to be very good as well. The Lanik's closures are dense and need to thinned from what I have read. Go to Blackhairmedia.com/weave extension section to see pictures of all kinds of hair.