Getting my first sew-in with Milky Way (nervous!!!)

glamazon386

OK. What do you think about the Black Diamond?

Never tried it but I've heard that it is a cheaper version of Bohyme which I have used and like.

ETA: I'm glad you decided to go with something else besides the MW. I've never used it in my hair because it doesn't look like my hair and wouldn't blend. One of my gfs used it in college (because it looked like her hair texture. It was kinky down the strand.) but only for quick hair dos or to add a few tracks glued in here and there for a special occasion. Anything longer than that and it would look like a birds nest. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

BGT

Hey guys!! I'm back from my appointment and I have to say, "I LOVE IT!!!!!!":woot: It is so pretty and natural. She left out a little of my own hair on top so you can see my scalp. :grin: The top half of the bang is mine. I didn't think my own hair would blend because my hair is colored, but it matches nice. :yep: Without me telling her, she left the first inch of my hair all around out. So I don't have to worry about damaged edges and I can wear a pony tail. :)

I left the salon with it straight and then came home and gave it some curls with my flat-iron. I've been swangin' all night. :lachen: But y'all didn't tell me how much this would hurt! I've never even gotten my hair braided before so I was not prepared. I thought I was gonna die. :perplexed But I think the pain will subside. This Black Diamond is the ish! Here are the pics I promised. :grin:

It's kinda blurry, but you can see how well blended the top of my hair is with the weave

Now here it is after I curled it. I REALLY like it like this

glamazon386

Yeah, I'm having lots of fun playing with it, experimenting with curling it and flat-ironing it. It looks really pretty when I use the 1.5" barrel iron. :yep: What I like is that it looks like my hair when it's been professionally done.

I can already tell it's better than the MW. The MW wouldn't even take a curl with my iron. Wouldn't even take a wave :perplexed

Most BSS hair do this fresh out the pack. I don't know why but I've always had that problem the first few days no matter what the brand. It was like the hair was stiff and if you could get it to hold a curl, they would fall out shortly. It's hard to wrap at first. I even had that issue with the Goddess Remi Yaki. My stylist said it needed to get some dirt in it before it would loosen up. :rolleyes: I think the whole no holding a curl thing also has something to do with that coating on the hair fresh out the pack. I usually just leave it straight or flat iron it straighter until it loosens up some.

Last edited:

BGT

If you would have said these were your progress pics I would have believed you. Your hair looks fabulous!!! Go on head now :)

It will be in December 2010. :grin: But thanks girl. But now I know I can work with 12 inches and I don't need 14. Straightened, the 12" is full BSL almost MBL!

Since your getting a sew in weave and if you plan to keep it in for a while you may just want to spend the extra money on the Packs of the Velvet hair . Trust me I know from experience that the regular Outre tends to shed alot. But I bought the Velvet hair in black and I must say for 80 bucks a pack it was worth it ( I bought 2 packs) . And on top of all of that you can definitely re use the hair. Buy the Milkyway is pretty but once you start washing it the texture of the hair will begin to change.

BGT

Since your getting a sew in weave and if you plan to keep it in for a while you may just want to spend the extra money on the Packs of the Velvet hair . Trust me I know from experience that the regular Outre tends to shed alot. But I bought the Velvet hair in black and I must say for 80 bucks a pack it was worth it ( I bought 2 packs) . And on top of all of that you can definitely re use the hair. Buy the Milkyway is pretty but once you start washing it the texture of the hair will begin to change.

I returned it and got Black Diamond instead. :yep:

Aggie

Most BSS hair do this fresh out the pack. I don't know why but I've always had that problem the first few days no matter what the brand. It was like the hair was stiff and if you could get it to hold a curl, they would fall out shortly. It's hard to wrap at first. I even had that issue with the Goddess Remi Yaki. My stylist said it needed to get some dirt in it before it would loosen up. :rolleyes: I think the whole no holding a curl thing also has something to do with that coating on the hair fresh out the pack. I usually just leave it straight or flat iron it straighter until it loosens up some.

Glamazon, did you ever wash your Goddess remi and if so, how did it turn out? I want a good quality weave, but I don't want something that can't take washing - I'm in the DC challenge and I need to wash my hair often. Thanks in advance.

Aggie

It will be in December 2010. :grin: But thanks girl. But now I know I can work with 12 inches and I don't need 14. Straightened, the 12" is full BSL almost MBL!

Thank you so much for sharing your sew-in pics with us BGT. It's beautiful.