Glass Plate Straightening Irons?

mermaid

Anyone use one? Good or Bad? I'm sure there is a review somewhere here, but I went through several pages and haven't found one yet.
The Conair glass plates are 29.99 on Drugstore.com and I'm wondering it it's worth it?

Millahdoowop

Wow that's new. I wonder what makes them special? Hmmm... well of course aside from the glass plates. I want to see reviews to.

Candy_C

Oh yes, i have THERMOGLASS babyliss straighteners and they r BRILLIANT!!! i highly recommend, they get my hair bone straight with little effort and low heat! they protect the strands, and the surface of glass is more smoother then ceramic, thats why i noticed sometimes ceramic would snag my ends. i will post a pic of my irons very soon. its the besat move i ever made! now when i use heat i have no worries!

LaNecia

Why why why did I come in here?

Candy_C, what model do you have and were you able to purchase it at a local store or did you have to buy it online?

TIA!

Last edited:

mermaid

Hmmm.. I wasn't too impressed with the Jilbere ceramic straightening iron and got better results from my Conair ceramic curling iron- it got to the roots better- but I'm interested in this glass iron if it does quality work in my hair.
Candy, it sounds like the glass distibutes the heat better if you can use it on a lower heat? How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind my asking?

Candy_C

Hey i paid somewhere between £30 - £40 pounds sterling...hmmm that would be about between $50-$60....their well worth it!!! *mermaid our hair seems to have the same length b4 and after...well done !

nekilaki

Oh Dag-nab-it! Flat irons are becoming like computers these days. As soon as you think you've bought the best one, something better comes along.

What's it going to be next, diamond plated flat irons that don't need any heat?

All jokes aside - I guess I'll be break down in 2006 and get this one in the name of hair health.