GNC Ultra Nourishair

pink lush

Hi Im new here so hello and HNY!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just bought Ultra Nourishair on Saturday but I have not noticed any change. Let me explain. Usually when I start taking silica (which I normally buy) my nails get MUCH stronger within 2 days. Ive been taking about 6 a day since Saturday and my nails are still in awful shape. I usually use that as a sign as to whether the pills are working.

Im wondering if this product is really good or should I combine it with Silica until it ends?

I know some people dont like Silica but I can tell the difference right away in my nails and a few weeks later my hair seems stronger as well.

Does it contain enough of MSM, Biotin and Silica to really be helpful?

Please help /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does it contain enough of MSM, Biotin and Silica to really be helpful?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I take the UNH, too. Two tablets have 500 mg of MSM, 1200 mcg (1.2 mg) of biotin and 1mg of silica. I am following something similar to "Bargello Regime" (do a search!). According to her, hair skin and nails will benefit from at least 2000 mg of MSM, 3600 mcg (3.6 mg) of biotin and 500 mg of silica.
I started with smaller doses and worked my way up. Give it 4-6 weeks to start working.

BrightEyes

Hil Pink

I think it depends on the person. More is not necessarily better and what works for one, doesn't work for everyone.

I got great results with UNH and I didn't take any extra MSM, Silica, or Biotin. However, if you already know how Silica affects your body I say take more. Also, UNH already has at least 8 times the recommended amount of MSM and Biotin.

Bargello has a great BASE routine, but please don't forget that your age, height and weight, hormones (affected by age, pregnancy, imbalances, etc), and overall health really affect how your body reacts to supplements. Also, some vitamins increase the affects of others, and some totally nullify certain elements.

In large doses MSM can block the natural cleansing process of the liver. And because Biotin is not stored in the body, taking a huge unneeded amount is a waste of money. Your body will just get rid of it. So I say play around and see what works for Pink. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: Hil Pink

You're absolutely right. I should have added "take your height, weight and past experiences with supplements into consideration".
There--I just added it! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
I don't know who "Bargello" is, what she looks like or her hair type. That's why I started with smaller dosages and tweaked them here and there. I read that she has recently increased her biotin intake to 7500 mcg per day. That's way too much for my body. And my wallet, too!

pebbles

Hi Pink lush,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Brighteyes and Sassygirl gave some good advice. You do need to experiment and find what works for you.

skegeesmb

Boy 2 days is really fast. I have to take vitamins daily over a period of time to see results. With my nails for instance it takes a few weeks of consistent vitamin use to see results. My nails are long, so since the dead portion of my nails can't get any nutrients, I wait for my nails to start growing out before I can tell a distinct difference.

I do take Ultranourishair because It has almost as many vitamins listed as Centrum, so if I run out of my vitamins I have a back up. But experimentation is a good thing. I had to take vitamins for months because I take the pill I've read that the pill depletes certain vitamins, and I eat terribly.

Kitkat

Like SassyGirl, I supplement what's in GNC UNH with additional things. I take 5 mg biotin and 500 mg silica. Was taking MSM but it broke me out, plus I ran out of it.

Oh, and welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dandy112

Do you think UNH is similar to Centrum? Just wondering because I just started taking Centrum One a Day for Women but I was considering switching to UNH to see if that works also.

Kitkat

Dandy, I really don't know. I know that UNH has a lot of stuff that my multi vitamin has (I take the Duane Reade version of Centrum), but the vitamins beneficial to hair are in way lower amounts. For example, I remember that my multi has biotin, but I don't even think it contains 100% RDA of it. And I don't think that my multi contains stuff like MSM and silica. If it (the multi) contains any pantothenic acid at all, the amounts are very small. I think it's a good idea to take a multi along with the UNH - you'll get the benefit of other vitamins and minerals that can only help to enhance the UNH.

Hope this helps a bit. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dandy112

Hey Kit Kat!

Thank you for the response this was very helpful, I am going to purchase the Ultra Nourishair this weekend. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kitkat

You're welcome, Dandy. Glad to help! That's what we're here for! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

PinkLush welcome to the board.

I'd say 2 days is far too early to tell. Give it at least a good month before you decide on how it works for you. Some of these mulits take a good while for the system to get used to and work. The body will take the vitamins and distribute what the body needs in order of priority. The hair is one of the last receptors of the vitamins that we take.

Give it time and if it doesn't work for you then, ask around and find something that does, if you want to use vitamins as a means to enhance you hair and it's health.

pink lush

Thanks for the welcome!!:)

I know to some 2 days is fast but my nails react really fast to silicia.

I waited it out and still my nails look awful so I'll just add the Silicia back to my vitamin plan.

As far as for my hair, of course I'll give it more time and see how it works out until the bottle is empty and then consider if I want to keep using this product.

Thanks again my sisters in hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif