God set me free today!!!!!!!

Lissa0821

Hello to anyone that chooses to read this post.

God set me free today!!!!!! Now, this is a first for me, I have always been a private person who has believed that I don’t need to publicize my issues, just to pray, trust God and He will work it out. But I just feel led to share what God did for me today and I pray someone really hear my heart and hear the Holy Spirit who will speak behind the words that are written here.

Here is my story: In May 2007, I left a job because truly my season there was done and I knew it was time for me to move on. Now, I left without another job and I was completely fine with that decision. Exactly six weeks later, I was offered another job which was very similar to the job I left with a $13,000 raise, Praise the Lord right, in this case no. Why do I say that, well I had absolutely no peace about the new position, in fact when I left the last interview before the actual offer was made I was sick to my stomach. But in spite of it all, I took the job anyway after all, I didn’t have a job and I figured that I am supposed to be a responsible adult taking care of my bills like every one else. From day one, it turned out to be the worst job I have ever had in my life. I was stressed out and verbally attacked in such a way I had never dealt with in my life. I started to hate coming in and I really didn’t like the person I was becoming, bitter, backbiting and complaining, so in Oct 2007 I quit without notice. I really wasn’t worried about finding a new job because I have over $20,000 in cash saved and I was in school working on my accounting degree so I figured it would not take long to find something else. Well, here I am 14 months later and I am still job hunting.

As you can guess, my funds have run pretty low and I am facing some things that I now know only God can turn around. In spite of everything, God has given me the sweetest sleep and praise since Friday than I have known since I confessed Him as my Lord and Savior June 14, 1992.

Now I have been taught to always pray and confess the Word over my situation and here are the scriptures I have been praying as I look to God to bless me financially:

Psalm: 34:19 – Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers him out of them all

Philippians 4:19 And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus

Psalm 24:5 They will receive God’s own goodness as their blessing from him, planted in their lives by God himself, their Savior.

On Friday, God did something for me that so spoke to my heart that He has heard my prayers and everything will be alright. Can I tell you in spite of the phone calls from bill collector or my leasing office asking when I am going to pay my rent, can I tell you I have singing and praising from my heart. I got up this morning with a song in my heart instead of drenched in sweat. But God really set me free today!!!!!

He spoke to my heart to pray specifically to the root of my problems and He would hear me and deal with them. It was then that I realized my issue wasn’t a money issue but fear. You see I have always been a tither and God has blessed me with a generous heart so I have always been willing to give whatever I had to anyone who came to me in need. But sometimes I have given because I felt led of God and there were times I gave with the thought in the back of my mind “You never know I may have the same need one day so I better give while I have it to give” That was a fear based thought. Or I have lived in apartments with cheap rent, calling myself being frugal but really in my heart I knew I could figure out a way to come up with the rent money, not even wanting to consider looking to God for help no matter how big or small the bills. Yes, I am looking for a new job, but today, I had to own up to the fact, I still had that sinking feeling of what if I miss God again and end up in another crazy place. All that fearful thinking was going on inside of me while I have speaking and praying the Word to everyone else.

But today, this independent, Black woman who has always thought of herself to be strong, someone who gives but never wanted to be in the position to ask for a handout. This woman who felt like she had no one in the world to depend on and so she needed to do everything she could to protect herself, got on her knees and cried out to God and told Him I was afraid to be in lack, I was afraid of being evicted, of having my car taken, I was afraid of ending in a negative job environment again and more than anything I was afraid to ask the people he has placed in my life for help since everyone has always come to me. And today for first time in my 38 years of life, I felt the love of God surround me like never before. For the first time in my life, I finally feel like I am not alone, God is with me, that I don’t have to be superwoman anymore but I can call on Him and that being weak in my strength allows God to be strong for me. That God forgave me for having those fears and He just needed me to acknowledge them before Him so they could be rooted out of my heart.

I encourage everyone to pray and seek God for the root of what you think are major issues in your life. I now realize it isn’t the things that I see that are the real problem but the unseen things such as my negative or fearful thoughts that really have to be dealt with. And if you need confirmation whether or not God will help you I found it in

Psalm 34:4 For I cried to him and he answered me! He freed me from all my fears.

Be free from fear in Jesus Name!!!!! Amen.

cheetarah1980

Amen and amen! This is a powerful testimony. I know for sure that the LORD will keep you and has placed the right people in your life for a time such as this. I thank God for the peace that he's granted you.

preciouzone

I don't know why I decided to stop by, but now I know.

I encourage everyone to pray and seek God for the root of what you think are major issues in your life. I now realize it isn’t the things that I see that are the real problem but the unseen things such as my negative or fearful thoughts that really have to be dealt with.

Thanks for the bolded part.

God bless, I will keep you in my prayers and I know God will follow
through on His timing.

A friend of mine stated last week that... "If it wasn't impossible, then
it wouldn't be a miracle". And we know that nothing is impossible for
our God!

To God be the glory!

*Preciouzone

zora

Wow, this is beautiful. I can relate. I never really thought of it as fear, but more of pride. It's probably both. I'm going to pray on this more.

Thank you for your testimony.

SvelteVelvet

That is awesome and I know what you feel, it is beautiful. Sometimes our prayer is ineffective because we are praying over the wrong things, but when that effective prayer comes through it is such a fulfilling experience and it's so immediate. May God continue to bless and keep you.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Psalm: 34:19 – Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers him out of them all

On Friday, God did something for me that so spoke to my heart that He has heard my prayers and everything will be alright. Can I tell you in spite of the phone calls from bill collector or my leasing office asking when I am going to pay my rent, can I tell you I have singing and praising from my heart. I got up this morning with a song in my heart instead of drenched in sweat. But God really set me free today!!!!!
en.

G-d bless you! You gave me a good laugh tonight per the bolded. Well, laughter can be a tension reliever and sometimes, you just have to find the humor in a bad situation to keep a bit of sanity. Yup, the afflictions of the righteous.

been there
done that
got the tee-shirt
led the seminar!

Whew! My job situation was practically the same as yours. I had palpitations so bad, I went to the emergency room :lachen: all due to the stress of that job and it's people. It was awful. May G-d grant you relief fully and soon!!!!!

Lissa0821

That is awesome and I know what you feel, it is beautiful. Sometimes our prayer is ineffective because we are praying over the wrong things, but when that effective prayer comes through it is such a fulfilling experience and it's so immediate. May God continue to bless and keep you.

Yes, it was like the light bulb went on, here I am thinking Lord, I need finances to maintain everything in my life while I keep looking for a job. And here is God wanting to expose the fear in me so that I can be healed. The peace, joy and laughter deal with the roots of fear not the needed finances. I know God has heard me and I know I have everything I need because of what Jesus did for me.

Lissa0821

G-d bless you! You gave me a good laugh tonight per the bolded. Well, laughter can be a tension reliever and sometimes, you just have to find the humor in a bad situation to keep a bit of sanity. Yup, the afflictions of the righteous.

been there
done that
got the tee-shirt
led the seminar!

Whew! My job situation was practically the same as yours. I had palpitations so bad, I went to the emergency room :lachen: all due to the stress of that job and it's people. It was awful. May G-d grant you relief fully and soon!!!!!

I got to tell you, you have made me laugh today with your comments. God bless you today with your hearts desires. Amen!!!

MA2010

Very powerful message OP! Glory be to God! I pray He turns your situation around for the better!