Good Dark Brown Hair Color?

leona2025

I'm going to dye my hair A dark color. I've been holdin out faith for a bright colored streak and I even have a few blonde streaks, but I feel with my current career path the days of those bright colors are gone.

I'm thinking about a dark coffee brown or black. I really want brown. I would like a brown dark enough that almost looks black. I don't want a damaging color.

These are the two color similar to what I like. I may just go totally black. What is a good black?brown_hair_color_3.jpg

C210-01_DarkBrown_model.jpg

Dove56

I'm going to dye my hair A dark color. I've been holdin out faith for a bright colored streak and I even have a few blonde streaks, but I feel with my current career path the days of those bright colors are gone.

I'm thinking about a dark coffee brown or black. I really want brown. I would like a brown dark enough that almost looks black. I don't want a damaging color.

These are the two color similar to what I like. I may just go totally black. What is a good black?

Do you want permanent color?

Nice N Easy #123 is nice black/brown. I just did my hair with #122 which is natural Black and I love it.

Umberto 3.0 is a pretty dark brown shade. For dark brown shades look for level 3 and 4. For black look for level 2.0 shades.

PureSilver

I have no idea :-( but i would love to hear suggestions for rinses though. My hair cannot manage color so i'll stick to something milder.

leona2025

Do you want permanent color?

Nice N Easy #123 is nice black/brown. I just did my hair with #122 which is natural Black and I love it.

Umberto 3.0 is a pretty dark brown shade. For dark brown shades look for level 3 and 4. For black look for level 2.0 shades.

Thanks! I'm not sure I want to mess with permenant color right now since I relax and I'm on a challenge for HL lol.

Dove56

Thanks! I'm not sure I want to mess with permenant color right now since I relax and I'm on a challenge for HL lol.

leona2025

Is your hair black now? If so, it's going to be hard to lift to a level 4 from a 2 without permanent color. Demi-permanent color is so mild I'm not sure if will be effective. Semi-permanent colors and rinses can't lift or lighten at all.

Dove56

leona2025

Is your hair black now? If so, it's going to be hard to lift to a level 4 from a 2 without permanent color. Demi-permanent color is so mild I'm not sure if will be effective. Semi-permanent colors and rinses can't lift or lighten at all.

outspokenwallflower

I love dark browns, especially chocolatey browns. I've used and love:

Demi Permanent: Redken Shades EQ Cream in 4M (Cool Mocha) and 4WM (Warm Mocha)

Permanent: Kelly Van Gogh Master Blends in 3N

A great black is Redken Shades EQ Gloss in Onyx (1B) and if you want a really inky blue black that is unmatched, mix Onyx with a bit of Redken's blue kicker. Shiny, beyond description black hair for days!

leona2025

@leona2025

No my hair isn't black. In my siggie I had dyed it black, but that was a while back. My hair is a medium/dark brown, but with a ton of sandy red areas and I have a blonde streak I want to cover too.

BklynHeart

Be careful with brown colors. If I'm not mistaken, some of them will turn your blonde green because of their undertones. Years ago I had blonde highlights and when I wanted to go back to dark my hairstylist used a semi-permanent that had more reddish undertones, like a cinnamon-brown. She couldn't use a dark chestnut brown.

leona2025

Be careful with brown colors. If I'm not mistaken, some of them will turn your blonde green because of their undertones. Years ago I had blonde highlights and when I wanted to go back to dark my hairstylist used a semi-permanent that had more reddish undertones, like a cinnamon-brown. She couldn't use a dark chestnut brown.

Thanks for the warning. Never Thought of that. I may just go full black. I have like 6 bottles of black rinses waiting.:look: lol